Chapter 2

My eyes flickered awake at the beeping of my alarm; I stared at my ceiling then glanced to my right. The clock read 6:01 in the morning, I groaned.

Was this even a smart decision? I could just crawl back in bed and forget about this nonsense. Sure Natalie would be mad, but she would get over it.

I threw the blankets off me, still staring up at the ceiling.

What if no one likes me? What if I get bullied to the extreme, sure people only bully to take out their anger of their lives on someone else, but what if they bullied me? Sure I have enough confidence to withstand it but still, what if? What if, what if, what if, there are just so many what ifs.

I brought myself to get out of bed and threw my hair up in a high ponytail and put on my workout clothes.

I climbed up the stairs from the basement to the main entrance. I sat down on the last step on the set of stairs that lead up to the main floor and put on my runners bracing myself for the chill of the morning wind.

I opened the front door and started stretching, after I finished that I started jogging.

As I ran I couldn’t help but think about my fears of what the day held for me, guess I would just have to wait and find out.

********

I entered the school with my head up high refusing to be bullied since I made myself panic so much about it this morning. I curled my dark brown hair in loose waves that fell around me as I walked along.

Since I was here before registering and once before when we first moved here to check it out, I knew exactly where the office was. I stepped inside the office and approached the secretary.

“Good Morning!” She practically yelled with a large smile plastered on.

She had many wrinkles around her mouth that made me think she must smile like this a lot considering she was probably only in her late thirties.

“Hello,” I greeted her no way near as high pitched as her, “My name’s Corra Taylor, I’m here to pick up my schedule.”

She threw her hands up in the air, “I just printed it, what great timing!” She then rolled her chair to the printer and back before I could even blink, this lady sure loved her job. The secretary handed a piece of paper out to me.

I took it and gave her a small smile, “Thank you,” I told her and started to turn for the exit.

“Wait!” She yelled making me whip my head around to face her, “You need a map so you won’t get lost!”

I retreated back to her and grabbed the map from her hand; I then proceeded to walk fast out of the office so I wouldn’t have to chat with her anymore.

I looked over my schedule and sighed, they put me in classes I never would have had to take in home schooling. Gym? Who still voluntarily takes that? I mentally kicked myself for taking so many courses ahead of time; I had two blocks of independent study. At this rate I could of stayed in home schooling and just visited the school in my spare time and that would amount to the actual time I’ll be in class.

I walked to room 203 where my schedule said I would be taking advanced Biology. The classroom was empty which I assumed it would be since the bell had yet to ring. I took a seat in the back of the class where I knew I wouldn’t be bothered too much; I took medical studies as an option to get extra credits last fall so I wasn’t too worried about getting a good grade in Biology. The classroom was full of lab tables that sat two at a table.

I studied my schedule and the map as the bell rang, I heard people file in but I was busy studying my map so I wouldn’t get lost to look up. The annoying scrap of the chair beside me made me look up. A tall blonde guy was sitting next to me, he felt my staring and looked at me and gave me a hesitant smile, “Hope you weren’t saving this seat.”