Chapter 31

*Zoey's POV*

Oh god who is it now? I looked back and rolled my eyes at them. Really? It was Louis and his gang, are they like stalking us or something? "What do you want Louis?" I asked rolling my eyes. I looked over to Colton, who looked either jealous, sad, or mad. I don't know which one yet. "Oh you know just coming to the mall with the guys, and then I find this." He said extending his arm to us. Is that supposed to be offensive? "What do you mean by 'this'?" I asked harshly. Wow last time I was confident, I ended up without any ovaries so I could have babies! "Well you flirting with this, this cop!" He said. Harsh. "Oh you mean Colton? Well he is my friend! He was the police man that was there for me when my fucking father murdered my mom!" I shouted towards him. I could feel tears trickling down my cheeks. Everyone was quite. I looked at Louis one last time because after today when his mom comes back I am leaving, and his eyes soften. I got up and left. No one cares about me at all so I know that they won't follow me. I don't even know where I am walking. I stopped and looked around. Hm jewelry store, clothes, shoes, books, gym more cloth- wait books. I started walking to Barnes and Noble. It has Starbucks! I have my own money so I can buy one. I heard footsteps behind me, oh well must be other people looking for books also. I went to the coffee stand and bought a small caramel frappe. I looked for a random book and sat down in a table for two. Wow this book is called "Do you love me?" (I don't know if it exists or not jut go with the flow.) I read a few pages and it is alright, it's about a couple who got married but it was an arranged marriage though. The guy loves the girl but she doesn't and he wants to make her feel happy, but all she does is push away. Rachet book! I put it down since it was. The book was in front of my face so my face was covered by it. I almost screamed. "Colton! What the heck you almost scared me!" I said as I put my hand over my heart. He chuckled and looked at me. Oh my god that face is so cute! There is something wrong with me, I'm hitting on a guy older than me. "I'm sorry, I just wanted to know how are you doing?" He asked as he put his hand over mine, since it was in the table. It felt funny. "I'm alright, I guess." I said. He looked at me with sympathy eyes. "Is it true that your dad did that? You know that we can put a case on this and we could get him arrested." He said, I thought for a moment. Should I do this? "Ok I will do it. He did so many bad things." I said I was going to start crying again so I just put my hands over my face. He got my hands and put them in his. "Hey it's alright, we'll both make it through this together." He said as he stood up taking my hands with him. "Ok thank you Colton." I said his eyes are so beautiful, he started leaning in. Without knowing I did too, I felt someone staring at us so I just close the gap that was left. I felt sparks and I'm not even kidding. I know I'm kissing a police officer but I think I like him. I pulled away slowly and looked into his eyes. "That was-" I started to say. "Perfect."' He finished off. He hugged me so I returned hug also and we walked off to the police station.