Chapter Thirty-Three: Numb

"Yeah, you've created a rift within me
Now there have been several complications
That have left me feeling nothing
I might say, you were wrong to take it from me
Left me feeling nothing..
" - Disturbed | Numb

THIRD PERSON OMNISCIENT

Soundly asleep on the couch adjacent to Xavier's bed, Momma J's snores could be heard throughout the room mixed with the beep of the monitor that kept track of Xavier's heart rate. Meanwhile, Naomi stood restless while she stared out of the hospital window to watch flurries of snowfall.

Behind her, noise could be heard which caused her to turn around in search of the source, it was the little boy again. This time, he was dressed in a bright red pajama set and holding a teddy bear.

"Hi.." Naomi whispered to him. "Were you asleep this whole time?"

The boy nodded before he spoke in a whisper, "I can't sleep.."

"Neither can I.." Naomi smiled, tucking loose strands of hair behind her ear as she stepped close to him.

"There's a lot on your mind.." Xavier's younger self stated, his little eyes were so bright in the dimly lit room.

"Yes...but I'll be fine." Naomi stated.

"You want to know everything?" She heard him ask, his voice now a mixture of his childlike and then of course present self. This startled her but later she'd taken a deep breath.

"About.." She spoke, soon after holding her breath. There were answers Naomi rather Xae be awake to give but this opportunity, she wasn't going to pass it up just because of fear.

His younger self smirked at her, tilting his head before stepping closer.

"You've been hurt... your entire life, Omi. I know..you've lost just like Xae has. Your babies... Were your only source of happiness, in such a destructive relationship... But he took them from you, he broke you.." He frowned, huffing at the thought–Naomi's heart skipped at his words, they were all truth.

"Humans are so cruel... to one another and their God."

"How did y–" Before he could respond, he turned his gaze to the door outside then back to a now confused Naomi.

"I know a lot of things.. But if you're curious and if your mind is burdened. I can put them at ease." He offered, his eyes softened a bit.

There was hesitation in her answer, she didn't want to regret all he would reveal but at the same time–she and Zoria deserved to know. With a gaze so sincere and certain, the answer was provided.

"Show me everything... Don't hold back."

And with that, little Xavier nodded his head before leading the way. The door was opened then immediately shut behind them, leaving both to wander a darkened hallway with one light at the very end to lead the path.

His steps were slow as they wandered in silence, but she paused dead in her tracks the second a figure passed by. The man wore a long coat and Naomi held her breath wanting to follow, yet something stopped her. Once she'd turned to ask little Xavier who that was–he was gone. Having no idea why, this brought about panic in her.

"Xavier!!" Naomi ran in the direction they originally were walking in and as she turns a corner, the realization of the hallway's scenery change stricken her.

Possibly, she could have run in a different area of the building. The red double doors that were at the end appeared suddenly and a sign to her left said "Psychiatric", with each step there was a wave of anxiety that hit.