Chapter Fifty-Six: Devil's Night

The diabolical plan to toy with the souls of two young men will be revealed. 

 All who remained and stood by Xavier's side, served as his militia. This war was coming to a close, he could feel in his veins this was the end. As he stood staring out of the window, his anxiety had grown. What if he lost someone else? What if his actions could bring harm to his unborn child? While it was clear he and Naomi were no longer to be together, he wanted to protect his child. If anything, he could simply take the baby and kill her. Maybe? Who knows..

"Xavier, I want you all to be careful..." His mother Joyce spoke softly.

"We'll be fine Momma..."

Today was the day he planned to simply attack and blindside Rakim again, there was a video sent to him via iMessage of the Finest having a meeting spot in Harlem. The faster he could make it there, the better. When Xavier dialed Nicki, he had expected some good news, that Naomi would be found. He expected that at least Rakim had her once again but sadly, he was wrong. Lucifer was nowhere in sight and couldn't be detected by any means, there was possibility she was in his captivity. But what did he need her for?

Xavier had become lost within his thoughts. With the situation now more pivotal than ever, he had to keep himself focused. There was so much disorder and chaos to keep up with that had the strongest man reeling. When his phone's ringtone startled him, he answered to the soft tone of Raine's voice.

Leaving his mother's house, he noticed the darkness the sky had taken on suddenly. When he climbed in the car with Rico, the conversation between the two resumed.

"So what's up? How's Xaire?" Xavier questioned.

"He's up in his room," Raine sounded somewhat panicked. "Hold on."

"You okay?"

"I–Um... Some strange shit has been happening so it has me on edge."

"Raine you better not be smoking cigarettes around my boy, he in his room?"

"I haven't smoked... He was taking a nap."

Xavier listened closely as he heard the sounds of Xaire's babbling, breathing a sigh of relief thinking something else went wrong. When Raine was talking to him, the line suddenly went dead.

"What the fuck?" The service was disconnected momentarily and they were nowhere near a tunnel. When Xavier frantically dialed Raine's number again, she was screaming out Xaire's name and crying.

What the fuck is going on? Carver better not have had shit to do with this.. Xae along with Zane both knew well, he could have been behind this. Rico turned around to head the opposite route in the direction of Raine's safe home, which was now compromised. In a blind rage, his eyes began to change from the bright hazel color, taking on a glow of red. A speeding ticket was worth the risk for the sake of his child.

His phone rang again, this time from a strange number and upon answering he was met with a surprise. "Your kid gone die today..." The voice was distorted so Xae was unable to make out the person speaking, before the caller could drop major details about who they were–the call abruptly ended.

"Fuck!" Xavier yelled, palming his face in his hands. "Speed the fuck up Rico!"

First the Angels, then Naomi, now his child was missing... To say that things couldn't possibly become worse would be an understatement.

***

Lucifer's disguise as Rakim had definitely set the stage for some great entertainment. As he cradled Xaire in his arms, he took in the infant's appearance the image of his father. He appeared to be a normal child, aside from his eyes changing to the very same color as Xavier's when he was upset. His red face and hazel eyes softened Lucifer's darkened heart.