in which he reunites with her

the days in madrid for antoine were always the same. practice, after practice he would go home and go buy takeout for dinner. even though they were boring, he never complained or tried to change it. that's how things were. tonight was different though when he decided to dine in at a brazilian restaurant in madrid.

dining out wasn't his favorite thing to do. it meant going into a public place, and having to face lots people who would just gawk at him and point fingers. he knew it was the downside of being famous, but it just didn't make him feel well. not to mention antoine was a pretty lonely person. no one ever went to eat with him, simply because he had no one.

but like it was said before, that's how things were, and who was he to change them.

he sat at a table by himself. it wasn't even five minutes before it was uncomfortable with all the people taking pictures and looking at him the entire time. he order his food and just looked aroud while he waited. the table across from his caught his attention. five people around his age who were pretty loud. it was odd since it was a fancy type of restaurant.

it was a table full of loud talk and laughter. it amused antoine to listen to their conversation. he found himself sitting by himself laughing at them. then his eyes met the lovely brunette sitting right across from him. she seemed very familiar, and she was so beautiful too.

she, from a far, showed him a little smile. antoine felt awkward and just looked away, he didn't know what else to do. am i really getting nervous over a girl i don't even know?

he looked back up to see her walking towards his direction. another layer of nervousness fell on top of him. the unknown beautiful girl shown her smile again and he couldn't stop staring at her. "hi there." he began the conversation. only if she knew he wasn't a very social guy.

"hello there mr. griezmann," she greeted him. he felt a excitement when she knew who she was, but yet again, who didn't? she took the seat at the table where he sat. "how are you doing?"

"i am doing very good, thank you." he said wishing he knew her name to return the gesture.

she smiled and let out a brief chuckle. "you don't remember me do you?" she asked him. he realized his suspensions were right and he'd seen her before. "i don't but when i saw you, you did seem very familiar."

"oh that's nice. good to know my face is beautiful even for other people to remember." she said making him smile.

antoine seemed to enjoy her personality from the beginning. "so if you don't mind telling me where we met since my brain is too messed up to function?" he asked her.

"remember the girl back from france who you used to play football with? her name was elisa, and she always had two pigtails and crooked teeth. that was me, the one who invented the name grizi." she explained.

"little elisa beaumont from macon, of course i remember you." he said. elisa was happy that he did because that would have been embarrassing. "i'm glad you remember me grizi, makes me feel very special."

"so like what are you doing here in madrid, came for a rematch?" he asked her, making her groan. he teased her remembering how she hated to play football and always insisted on playing with toy dolls.

"i'd rather die, but i'm just here exploring the city for the month until i move on to the next." she mentioned.

"so you're moving around europe?" he asked, interested in her recent response. "no i explore around europe, i've worked really hard and now i'm paying it off."

"that's nice, well you should come to one of my games one day. to explore the place, of course." he said.

elisa smirked, stood up and pushed the chair in. "i might have to take in your offer, see you soon grizi." only if she knew that was the first time he'd smile in a long while.

he watched her say goodbye to her table of friends and walk out of the restaurant. he looked down beginning to leave himself and found a little note.

call me sometime grizi
xxx-xxx-xxxx
elisa (without the brace face)

[#teamgrizi all the way baby]