Bath poetry

I lock the door and turn on the tab
Longingly I watch the warm water flow and while I look in the mirror I start to undress myself.
I make sure to never break the eye contact with the other me for over 4 seconds, as if I'm afraid she'll disappear.
Soon I'm naked and carefully I disturb the calm water with my fingertips.
It's warm and I'm cold, so cold.
My neck feels strained, my muscles tense and I can barely wait to dive in.
When the water is finally half way, I move forward.
I grab the side of the tub and start to descend.
First my toes, my foot, my leg.
The other joins and slowly I let myself drop down, until the water engulfs my whole body and only my face and the tip of my breast is above it.
The water is intense and swallows me in a hug of comfort and safety.
I feel the tension leave my body and all my thoughts swim away until it's just me and the warm water.
My body stays still until the water isn't hot anymore but just a comfortable lukewarm.
I lose track of time as I slowly feel the cold seep in and take over.
The thoughts come flooding back and I sit up straight taking in my surroundings.
I grab the side of my tub again but this time I do everything reversed.
I step out of the tub and dry myself off. After I'm dressed I turn around and look at the water that is still there, calling me to come back.
I dip my hand in and enjoy the last moments of warmth, before I take out the plug.
As the water falls down and flows away, I unlock the door, turn off the lights, and walk away.