"Even Though"

“It’s” Anthony speaks in front of the camera before pointing the device to his best friend who was wearing a grin on his face, ”mail time.” the camera turns back to Anthony, ”with.” before pointing to Ian, ”your mom.”

The camera stays in Anthony’s hand as the two settled themselves among the large amount of mail scattered all over the floor.

“look at all the crap you sent us.” Ian says as  the camera  focuses on the mail and packages on the floor he makes a deadpan expression when the camera points to him which immediately turns to a childish grins as he excitedly says, ”let’s open some mail!”

They’ve proceeded to open the mail, careful not to touch anything that looked like it’s been covered by grease or something that may have come out of a person. 

The boys received the same things as always, fan arts, toys, letters. Anthony carefully places a few fan arts they would put up on their office walls on one side.

It was just a normal mail time episode. Or at least, the SMOSH kind of normal. 

The camera shakes in Anthony’s hand when he laughed at something ridiculous Ian did involving two headless action figures.

Ian grins while he watches Anthony put on a blonde wig and proceeds to wear it throughout the show. “Take that thing off it’s making me feel things.” Ian says.

Anthony looks at the camera with a confused and disgusted expression before asking, ”what kind of feelings.”

“The usual: rage.” Ian quickly replies, his voice sounding so sincere and his expression looking so serious that Anthony couldn’t help but chuckle behind the camera, ”disgust.”

As usual they’ve gotten stuff that made them happy, stuff that creeped them out and stuff that disgusted the crap out of them. They were halfway throughout the pile when Ian notices a box. He picks it up and shakes it to guess what’s inside.

“I hope it’s something that can kill me so we can end this!” He says in an over-excited voice that once again made his best friend laugh.  Ian opens the pink box and finds a bag of cookies inside.

“Yay! More food that’ll probably taste like crap.” “I’ll give you a hundred bucks if you eat one.” Anthony dares.

Ian shrugs, ”meh I would’ve done it for free.” he says picking one peculiar shaped biscuit.

Anthony points the camera to himself, ”Ian loves putting things in his mouth for free.” 

The other boy doesn’t bother giving out a comeback as he was too busy chewing the last piece of cookie.     “Aw man! You ate it all!?" Anthony asks grabbing the now empty box from Ian, ”you are such a fat ass.”

“Nope!” Ian says happily before handing Anthony a single cookie. ”I saved that one for you. It’s a heart.” he says and Anthony could swear there was a hint of a blush on his cheek, ”because I love you.”

As soon as the words leave Ian’s mouth Anthony was sure he almost dropped the camera.

“Wha…what?” he asked looking at Ian to check for any signs that the other boy was kidding. 

“I love you Anthony.” Ian says again, his smile never leaving his face.

Anthony quickly turns off the camera. “Dude! Do you know what you’re saying!?” Anthony asks, his voice in a low whisper.

“Yeah.” Ian nods, ”I love you.” he looks at Anthony his blue eyes sparkling with something the older boy didn’t want to name, ”I love you Anthony.”

“Stop it! This isn’t funny anymore!” not that it was ever funny to begin with.

“I’m not trying to be funny.” Ian insists, ”I do love you.”

“Dude just stop! Stop saying that!” Anthony speaks his voice sounding odd.

“Why can’t I say what I feel?” Ian asks his expression turning solemn, ”why can’t I tell you that I’m in love you?” 

Ian was looking straight at Anthony now, his blue eyes piercing through the other boy. 

The way his eyes were focused to him sent shivers down Anthony’s spine, a feeling Anthony did not want to think about.

“Sometimes I hate myself for loving you.” Ian murmurs and Anthony’s not sure if he’s talking to himself or if he had meant for the other boy to hear. “When I’m with you I feel happy but…” his blue eyes look down,  focusing on the floor, ”but I also feel sad because….because I know you’ll never feel the same way that I feel for you…and… and every time you don’t look at me the way I hope you would I…I always get this pain in my chest.” Ian looks up to give Anthony a sad smile, ”but that’s ok because…feeling sad and heart-broken is so much better than…feeling nothing.”

Anthony doesn’t say anything. He doesn’t even know what the fuck to say! 

This was something he’d never thought would even happen. He just sits there and staring at his best friend who was staring back at him.

He wasn’t sure what to do, he wasn’t sure what to feel. This was just too fucking much and it was killing him.

Before Anthony goes completely crazy from the silence, Ian looks at him again, this time with a lazy grin on his face.

“The room is spinning.” Ian says before passing out on the floor.

Panic takes over Anthony as he runs to his friend’s side.  “Ian! Ian, are you ok?” he asks, his voice filled with  concerned as he checks to see if the younger boy was alright. 

Anthony lets out a sigh of relief when he notices that Ian was just sleeping.

The web designer heaves another heavy sigh before rubbing his face with his hand.

They have got to stop eating strange food from the mail.