Chapter Ten

Lauren was watching tv when she heard the door bell ringing. She jumped off the couch and walked towards the door. She saw Chris racing down the stairs.

"Are my friends here yet?" Chris asked dropping down on the final step of the stairs.

"I don't know, I didn't open the door yet." Lauren said unlocking the front door and opening it. She saw a pale man in a black suit.

"Hello?" Lauren questioned furrowing her eyebrows at the man.

"Your not my friends" Chris groaned when he saw the man then running back up stairs to his room.

"Hello, my name is Zayn Malik. May I come in?" Lauren noticed his deep and dark accent causing her to feel intimidated by this unknown man.

Lauren takes a step back for Zayn to walk in but he didn't make a move.

"What is it?" Lauren asked.

"You didn't answer me. May I come in?" Zayn said keeping a low voice.

"Ye-yeah you can c-come in" Lauren stuttered. She mentally face palmed herself for stuttering.  Really Lauren, really. She thought. Zayn was listening to her thoughts and let out a chuckle when he heard her say that.

Lauren let in Zayn and they started to talk. After a few minutes of talking the door bell rang again and Chris came down the stairs putting on his shoes. Lauren looked directly at the door where Chris was.

"Bye Lauren see ya later" Chris said walking out of the house.

Lauren looked away from the door and back at Zayn.

"So how do you know Camila?" Lauren asked, raising a brow.

"Camila is a friend of mines," Zayn said.

"How do you know Camila?" The vampire asked.

Lauren looked down at her phone. She saw the background of her and Camila. Camila was kissing her cheek in this picture causing Lauren to put on a genuine smile and before she got to answer the question she heard the doorbell ringing causing it to echo around the house.

"Excuse me" Lauren said getting up. Zayn nodded and stayed sitting.

Lauren opened the door. She saw Camila panting, bending over her knees.

"Is Z-Zayn h-here?" Camila panted. She rose up putting her hands on her hips and her head back still breathing heavily. Lauren giggled and nodded her head yes.

"Come in" Lauren said stepping aside for Camila to come inside.

Camila walked inside towards where Zayn was. Lauren followed.

"Zayn can I talk to you," Camila whispered but Lauren could hear her, "privately." Zayn nodded and walked with Camila to the kitchen leaving Lauren alone in the living room.

"What are you doing here? I told you stay away from Lauren!" Camila whispered-yelled. Zayn put his hands up in defense.

"Listen I have to bring her to the person who sent me" Zayn said putting his hands down.

"Who is this person you keep talking about?" Camila asked furrowing her eyebrows.

"...His name is Simon Cowell." Zayn sighed out.

"Are you afraid of this Simon Cowell person?" Camila asked sensing Zayn's uneasiness when he said the mans name. Zayn slowly nodded.

"But I have to take your girlfriend or else he'll kill me please I need to have her I'll give you three days to make up your mind." Zayn pleaded.

"I'll think about it" Camila nodded her head, knowing full well that she's lying but Zayn don't know that.

"I think it's time for me to go now. Remember three days" Zayn said walking out of the kitchen.

Zayn said bye to Lauren and made his way out of the house. Lauren turned and looked at Camila giving her a confused facial expression.

"Don't ask" Camila said forming a fake smile to face to keep Lauren from getting worried.

The couple decided to watch a movie and cuddle on the couch for the rest of the day. Lauren thought about what happened the last hour. She thought about Zayn. She put the thought aside because she knew no harm can come from the man.

Camila thought otherwise. She didn't think Zayn can hurt Lauren not as much as that Simon dude can. She was going to have to make a decision before Zayn forcefully takes Lauren. She wanted to cry thinking that she'll never see Lauren again after those three days. She kept her tears in for Lauren's safety.

The only thing Camila is happy about is that she's here with Lauren now and that she's keeping her safe.

Nothing can harm her at this moment.

Nothing.
-