Chapter Eight

Lauren was strumming her guitar when she felt a pair of soft, plump lips on her neck. She looked down at the girl kissing her neck. Camila.

"Camz...what are you doing?" Lauren asked giggling.

"Nothing" Camila whispered in Lauren's ear. Lauren shuddered and kept strumming the guitar.

Lauren started to sing as she strummed her guitar.

I was scared of dentist and the dark
I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations
Oh, all my friends are turning green
You're the magicians assistant in their dream

Oh, oh, and they come unstuck

Lady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side
I want to be your left hand man
I love you when your singing that song and I got a lump in my throat 'cause your singing the words wrong

There's this movie that I think you'll like
This guy decided to quit his job and heads to New York City
This cowboys running from himself
And she's been living on the higher shelf

Oh, oh, and they come unstuck

Lady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side
I wanna be your left hand man
I love you when you're singing that song and I got a lump in my throat 'cause
You're singing the words wrong

I just wanna, I just wanna know
If you're gonna, if you're gonna stay
I just gotta, I just gotta know
I can't have, I can't have it any other way
I swear she's destined for the screen
Closes thing to Michelle Pfeiffer that you've ever seen oh,

Lady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side
I wanna be your left hand man
I love you when you're singing that song and I got a lump in my throat 'cause
You're gonna sing the words wrong

Oh Lady, running down to the riptide
Taken away the dark side
I wanna be your left hand man
I love you when you're singing that song and
I got a lump in my throat 'cause
You're gonna sing the words wrong

Oh lady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side
I wanna be your left hand man
I love you when you're singing that song and
I got a lump in my throat 'cause
You're gonna sing the words wrong
And I got a lump in my throat 'cause
You're gonna sing the words wrong

Lauren finishes the song and sees Camila looking at her the whole time.

"What?" Lauren asked softly with a smile big enough to reach her ears.

Camila shakes her head smiling, "nothing."

Lauren kisses Camila's forehead and strums her guitar singing softly and lightly to help Camila fall into a blissful sleep.
-
Lauren groaned sitting down at the lunch table she always sits at with Dinah, Normani, and Camila. But Camila didn't show up. Lauren groaned again thinking about where Camila could be.

Suddenly the doors to the cafeteria opened up slamming the walls behind it. Camila came walking in confidence radiating all around her as she walked towards her girlfriend.

"Hey bab-" Camila cut Lauren off by kissing her.

The werewolf broke the kiss and looked at Lauren with a smile that reached from ear to ear.

"I hope you like to be the center of attention" Camila said smiling wider.

Lauren didn't get to ask why Camila said that because before she could ask anything Camila climbed onto the cafeteria table and shouted out to the teenagers that were peacefully talking and eating lunch with their friends.

"Hey, everyone I have something to say." Camila shouted loudly making sure to get every ones attention.

Every teenager in the cafeteria directed their attention towards Camila to listen to what she had to say.

"I want to make a point. This girl right here, Lauren is my girlfriend and I want everybody to know that she is mine and only mine so don't go flirting with her. Got it" Camila shouted again. She had a stern voice and everyone had fear in their faces. Some nodded and some mumbled a 'yeah' agreeing they won't flirt with Lauren and went back to chatting and eating their lunch.

Camila climbed off of the table and grabbed Lauren's cheeks staring into her ocean green eyes and engulfing her in a kiss.

"Mm. Why did you do that?" Lauren asked breaking away from the kiss and giving Camila a peck on the lips, forming a smile on her face.

This caused Camila to form a smile on her face as well. She pulled back from Lauren and said, "I just wanted to let everyone know that your mine and only mines, not anybody else's." Camila cleared up giving Lauren a peck on her lips.

"Cut the Camren out!" Dinah yelled causing the couple to look at the tall blonde. "It may be cute at times, but I'm eating...cut it out" Dinah said eating away at Normani's chicken wings as Normani rolled her eyes.

The couple giggled and kissed again not caring what Dinah had to say. They heard Dinah gagging and groaning but they kept kissing, Lauren deepening the kiss. A couple of minutes later they broke away from their make out session not caring what other people thought of them or if people stared at them the wrong way, they didn't care about their opinion. They could actually careless, And they'd be happy about it.
-
Song: Riptide by Vance Joy