Chapter 5- Mall Jail

"No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new."

-Steve Jobs

     Mall jail. I never thought I would end up in mall jail on my first day in America, but I shouldn't be surprised. After all, I do have seven male bodyguards.

     I heard my phone ring that was in my purse. Dad. Of course. He probably found out immediately.

     "Yes, dad, I know that we are probably in trouble, but I don't even know how I ended in mall---"

     "Your cousin, Lily, was killed in Paris."

     "What," I said not knowing what else to say. My cousin Lily? She was only ten years old.

     "What? How? How did that happen! How could she be dead!" I screamed from this end of the line, tears beginning to slide down my face. Gretel and the boys turned my way to see me about to have a breakdown.

     Lily. She was ten years old. She couldn't be dead. She was innocent, pure. She hadn't seen the world—except my country and Paris.

     "Terrorist began to shoot when she was getting food with her nanny," he said. His voice beginning to crack.

     Paris. The place of love was filled with the screams of terror and fear. Echoing through my head was how she felt trying to run from all of that.

     "They said that she died a fast death with no signs of pain." Lily, I hope that your in a better place with my sister and Damon.

     I just couldn't take it anymore and broke down sobbing. She's dead. Lily is dead.

     "Lily is dead, Gretel. She's dead!"

***

After they explained why we were in mall jail in the first place, I became furious. It was because we had weapons.

"It is illegal to carry weapons in a public places, and more so these kind. We will be taking-"

I pulled out my ID that showed that I was allowed to carry weapons for protection. FPS said the top of the ID. Federal Protection Service. It had a picture of me and my birthday, my name, when it expired, and it said the weapons I was allowed to carry.

     The guys, however, were FBI agents and guards in our country. They were sent to America and then back after their training was done.

     "We are allowed to carry weapons. We are under a protection custodia, mister," I said not giving a care in the world that I was snapping at a police officer in both English and my nation's language. My cousin had just died, we were in mall jail, and we had school tomorrow!

"We are sorry for the inconvenience, ma'am but we didn't know," the officer responded opening the door for us to walk out.

"Fine, can we leave now? We have a busy day tomorrow?" I asked in a nicer tone.

"Yes ma'am after you sign some forms," another officer who was behind the desk answered. I walked toward the desk, took a seat, and began signing the documents.

***

Half an hour later, we were all on our way home. Gretel and I sat quietly listening to the song "Maps" by Maroon 5.

"How do you think tomorrow is going to be?" Gretel questioned turning her head to look at me.

"I don't know. Maybe a bit chaotic the first couple days, us trying to figure out how to get around and people putting us somewhere in the food chain. You know, the usual rich kid school," I told her honestly.

Her brown eyes-unlike mine-shined with amusement and curiosity. "How do you know that? Maybe this school is not like that, you know like with spoiled brats and slutty bitches."

"First, Language! Secondly, we're spoiled brats! Thirdly, I just have a feeling that it's going to be that way," I respond after pressing the button so the garage door will open. I parked the sports car, grabbed the bags, and carried them into my room, Gretel not far behind.

"We need to make this house have our technology, kinda like in the kingdom," Gretel said-not being used to living in a normal house.

"I'll try and set it up tomorrow after school," I told her feeling the same way.

I wished her goodnight before walking into my room. I put all my clothes in the closet before going to the bathroom to take my makeup off and put my pajamas on before going to bed.

***
____________________________
If this is in any shape or form offensive to you, and you would like me to take it down, tell me in my messages or comments. I do not want to offend anybody and I wish my condolences to everyone who lost someone on Friday the 13th of 2015. Not just for Paris, but for everyone in the world.

Also, I don't think FPS is actually the actual name, but it's the first thing that popped into my head so, just go with it. :)