Chapter 5

You sometimes wondered how you got here in life. What crazy decisions did you make that led up to this point.

You sighed as your dragged a hand through your hair. What the literal crap.

The man next to with his unusual accent was just chattering on and on.

You lean your head down, your chin touching the top of your steering wheel. You looked out over your surroundings, he had made you drive pretty far out, you laughed a bit, this was probably a make out point in the previous years. It was beautiful.

You zoned back in as you turned your head back to the male in your car.

"I can't fathom why he would turn to him out of all people, he should have come to me about this. He can't be trusted, this is just wrong. What will he do to my poor little Jack?." He went on to babble some more about the unfairness of it all.

"Wait who is he?" You asked sitting up and looking toward him.

"A business associate of mine you can say, he's known to you by Nightmare." He said nonchalantly.

You flinched at that name. It started to make sense now. You almost whimpered and curled in a ball. Nightmare was just one person, his name was unknown and was only called Nightmare because his group, more like gang, was called Nightmares. They were like black dream sand, easily slipping into your subconscious.

Out of all the people Jack went to, it had to be the worst of the worst.

"H-how, no why are you even associated with them?!" You asked sharply, darkness in your eyes as you turned to him.

"Well aren't you scared, I created them one at a time, I taught them to be feared and I controlled them before they turned on me, they still do my bidding but, there's a strain." He said leading off, you wanted to throttle him.

The Nightmares where serious, they hurt anyone, they did anything, they would break Jack.

You squeezed your eyes tight and turned back around.

"I hope for everyone's sake that he doesn't turn into a monster." You whispered this out as you opened your eyes starred out, a small tear trickled down your face.