Chapter Three

"Blackthorn. Sounds cool." I commented.

"Yup! It is." Lindia's eyes suddenly lit up, "Oh oh oh! And you're going to have a personal tutor to teach you everything you need to know."

As if on cue, knock, knock, knock.
"Princess Beatrice, your personal tutor is here."

How did the servants know I'm here already? Man, their communication system sure is fast.

"Bye! We have to go. We'll come back later." Lindia waved as she followed Isabell out.

They closed the door slightly, only letting me see them exchange a few words with the servant before my tutor came in.

He is very different from what I imagined. I imagined him, or her, to be old, have a grumpy face, and a permanent frown.
But the person standing in front of me doesn't look old at all, and for some reason, I couldn't stop looking at his platinum blonde hair and silver eyes.

"Good afternoon, Princess Beatrice. My name is Louis Van Beauverguard." He smiled slightly, "Shall we get started?"

"Yup. But just call me Beatrice, I'm still not used to being called princess."

"Very well, Beatrice. We'll work on the way you walk first."

*****

We worked on how to act like a princess until it was time for dinner. Thinking that I'd finally get a chance to take a break, I started walking towards the door.

"Not yet, Beatrice. You'll be having dinner here, in your room. We still have to work on the way you will eat." Louis is a devil in disguise of an angel. He has no mercy.

"But-" His silver eyes flashed, silencing me. I groaned inwardly instead.

"You'll have the rest of the night to youself." He added.

"Fine."

The only hard part about dinner was keeping my posture, using the right utensils, and eating slowly, no matter how delicious it is.

I actually had a pretty good time talking with Louis, and stopped calling him "Sir" or "Mister" because it makes him feel old. I also learned a bit more about this world.

"So the queen is Isabell and Linda's mother. They're the princesses of Carielle, and there aren't any princes." I paused, "And you're the son of a friend of the queen's, making you a duke."

"Correct. Now I shall take my leave, I have to prepare for tomorrow's lessons." He turned around before he opened the door, "Goodnight, Beatrice."

"Goodnight." And he's out.
Breathing a sigh of relief, I finished my dessert and headed towards Isabell's room.

"Hey, Isa- Oh my gosh." I felt my eyes widen as I looked around her room. It looked like a tornado came through here, blowing everything from its' place.

"What?" She asked from her desk, " Yeah, I know. I've just never got around to cleaning my room."

"But... You're a princess," I stated the obvious, "The maids can clean and organize your room for you, right?"

"Yes, but I wouldn't be able to find anything afterwards," She shrugged, "Well, what brings you here?"

"Just gonna ask you where's the library."

"It's on the first floor. Go down that staircase," She pointed left, "at the end of the corridor, and when you reach the first floor, the library's on your right."

"Thank you!"

Following her instructions, I found myself standing in front of a massive set of doors. Taking a big breath, I pushed them open and walked in.

I've never seen so many books in my life. There were shelves so high, that you need a ladder to reach the top.

I spent a few minutes, maybe an hour, exploring the library. I chose several books to take back to my room. Two fantasy books, one fiction, and a nonfiction on everything about Carielle, from geography to history and culture.
Spending the rest of my night reading the book about Carielle, I fell asleep sometime near midnight or dawn.

*A/N* Sorry these three chapters were so short. It's already 12, and I have school tomorrow. I probably won't upload as much in the next few days, because I have a big test/exam next Tuesday and Wednesday.