Chapter Two

"Who are you?" I looked behind to see a girl, maybe a few years younger, looking right back at me.

Keeping a wary eye on the sword by her side, I answered, "My name is Bailey. Where am I?"

"You're in the garden. The Blackthorn's garden."

I saw a mansion some distance away, but, "I mean, what country is this?"

"What? You don't know? It's the great land of Carielle." Carielle? Where in the world is that?

"Lindia? Come on! Mother's called for us." A girl that looks like an older version of Lindia came walking towards us at a fast pace. She stopped when her eyes fell on me. "Who's this?"

"Isabell, this is Bailey. She suddenly appeared here while I was practicing a few swings." Linda told her.

"Well, Bailey, you should probably meet Mother. She'll know what to do."

*****
As we walked through the corridors to their Mother's study, I can't help but feel that the interior is more like a castle than a mansion. Everything looked expensive, from the carpet covering the floor, to the paintings lining the walls. I noticed that some paintings are of landscapes, while others are portraits. I also noticed that the females in those portraits all have a small resemblance, when I came across a black-haired, blue-eyed girl.

All the others have dark hair and green-ish eyes, so she stood out immediately.

"Hey." Lindia slightly poked me, "You look like her."

"Lindia? Bailey? You can admire the paintings after seeing Mother." Isabell frowned slightly at us.

Knock. Kmock.

"Come in." A very sophisticated-lady-voice said.

"Good afternoon, Mother. Did you call for us?" Isabell asked as soon as she closed the door.

"Ah. Yes." The woman kept her eyes trained on the paper in front of her, "There will be a girl, about your age, Isabell, and she-"

She stopped mid-sentence as soon as she saw me.

"Um... Hello?" I said uncetainly.
"Oh, yes. This is the girl! What's your name?"

"It's Bailey."

"Well... Bailey, I suppose I should leave the explanation for later. I've got a meeting with King Robert. Now, please excuse me, girls." With that, she gave Isabell a knowing nod, and walked out.

"Come with us." Lindia grabbed my hand as we followed Isabell to a room on the second floor.

"So, where are you from?" Lindia asked me while Isabell went to get something.

"Seattle. America. You probably don't know." I'm thinking that I'm in a completely different world.

"Oh. You're right, I don't know where that is."

"Okay. Got it!" Isabell burst through the door, and handed me several news clippings.

Reading through them quickly, I found out that they are princesses, and Isabell had an "Ice Princess" as a twin. Her name was Beatice, and she had the black hair, blue eye, "Ice Princess" look that runs in the family every five generation. But, people fall in forbidden love, and the princess ran away with a mysterious man a year ago.

Isabell then handed me a letter. An invitation to a ball held by the neighboring kingdom, Rostavos.
"So... You want me to go in place of your sister." I raised my eyebrow (yes, one eyebrow) at Isabell.

"Correct." She nodded, and finally, I see a small smile on her face.

"Okay, but that doesn't explain why your mother knew I was gonna fall out of the sky."

This time, it was Lindia who replied by giving me a book, and flipping to a certain page.

As the Ice Princess fell, she held her breath, waiting for the impact. But none came. Instead, she found herself in a completely different world...
I flipped to the beginning, Once Every Blue Moon. Today's the day of the blue moon. Makes sense.

"This is actually a prophecies book, told in the form of children stories. The actual prophecies are in Mother's library." Lindia said.

"Okay. I think that's all I need to know now, but... I wasn't exactly raised like you guys." I stated.

"Well, starting from now, your name will no longer be Bailey. Your name will be Beatrice." Isabell actually smiled, "That's your name from now on. Beatice Blackthorn."

*A/N* Sorry, this is a really long"filling" capter. Just giving you some extra information. The next chapter will actually have something that will be good. Until then~
~ PrincessxDarkness