Epilogue: Full Circle

Laguna Seca Raceway, United States

July 15th, 08:00 PM

Four Years after Mountain Drift, Two Years after Midnight Defender

The Lamborghini Diablo GT rounded the last corner, Pursued closely by its teammate, an Acura NSX! Their rivals weren't far behind, either! A Racing Corvette C5 and BMW M3! The racers were neck and neck, As Throttle, Vinnie, and Modo watched with everyone else from the stands, their heads covered with hoods or caps. The crowd was going wild! The Diablo and NSX crossed the finish line, taking first and second place!

"And there you have it!" The announcer said over the loudspeaker. "Manuel Vernandez places first, followed closely by Yuya Kirafuda, in second! Project D wins!"

The crowd erupted into a wild applause of cheers! The bros then got up, exited the stands, and made thier way to the pit. Throttle showed security his VIP pass he managed to get, and as soon as the crowd died down and left, he walked up to Manuel and Yuya, as they got ready to load their cars into a trailer.

"Manuel?" He said. Manuel and Yuya turned around, as the biker bros took off their hoods with a smile.

"Throttle!" Manuel smiled. "Welcome back! Here, have a seat guys!" Manuel sat down on the tail of the trailer. "How have you been? It's been a long time!"

"Sure has." Throttle replied, sitting down. "So, Manuel? Yuya? how have you, Takumi, Akio, and the others been? And what happened to the Focus?"

"One: Not bad." Yuya said. "Two: Akio decided to Retire from Wanan racing with the Devil Z under Kitami's advice. He says the Devil Z has left a 'big enough mark for it's legend', As for Takumi, he accidentally blew the engine in his Eight-Six at the Hakone turnpike in a race, but he won. Now we are going to go and overhaul it for him. I think I might be able to add a small turbo to that Group A 4-AGE Silvertop engine he has after I repair it, along with a cold air intake. I'm also thinking about re-working the gearbox. Three: The Focus is still here, Manuel just uses it for a daily driver now. He needed something a bit more... flashy for the International GT League. Show that he means business, you know. So, How are you and the others?"

"Ah, Now that's the reason why we're here." Vinnie said with a smile. "There's a race going on on Mars, and you, Manuel, Takumi, and Akio have been invited on our behalf."

Yuya's mouth dropped, and Manuel went wide-eyed. "What?! For real?" They said in unison.

Modo nodded. "It's a multi-event race, including on and off road racing. New territory for you two and the others since you've only raced on pavement. Back in the day, before the Plutarkians, the race would be held once every three years, with competition from around the local cosmos. It's way overdue now, so we've decided to start hosting it again. We call it 'Redline', and it features some of the fastest drivers from this corner of the Milky Way."

Manuel and Yuya were flat-out stunned. An opportunity to compete on a whole new level? This was too good to pass up!

"This sound sweet!" Manuel said. "Just a few questions: How are we going to get our cars to Mars? Not to mention Takumi's and Akio's, and what about bringing my parents? I bet they'd want to see this! They are up in the stands, should be here any minute..."

Vinnie got out his communicator. "This answer your question? Carbine and Charlie are waiting in the ship. Just tell us a place where we can pick up the cars, and we'll be on our way after we pick up Takumi and Akio."

Manuel just smiled. He should have figured they had brought some sort of starship with them. "Well, what are we waiting for? This was the last race of this season, so we're free for a while! Let's load the cars into the trailer and I'll give Jaiden the directions to the ship!"