Chapter 2: The New CEO

"Ladies and Gentleman, we are proud to introduce our newly promoted CEO of Barrameda Group of Companies. The only son of Mr. Theodore Barrameda, founder of BGC. Hailed as one of the most eligible bachelors in our country by Time Magazine. No other than Mr. Sebastian Elliot Barrameda. Let's all give him a round of applause." masayang paganunsyo ng host ng event.

"Thank you all for your warm welcome. Who would ever thought that a simple guy like me would end up to be the future CEO of this company. I'm not sure if everyone knows that once I was a member of a band called 'Four Musketeers' in short my life at first has no clear direction. I don't know exactly what I want. But after experiencing such life changing events I eventually realized what my purpose is. That is to be a part of a fast growing company that is focused in providing excellent service to people and to the society. I am proud to say that I've been from the bottom of the food chain and work my way up to where I am right now. With the proper guidance, support and patience of all the employees in our company I was able to achieve my ultimate goal. That is to further nurture and expand our company to provide more jobs to people. It was with great pride and satisfaction that I received the invitation from the former CEO and founder of BGC, no other my loving father, Theodore Barrameda together with the board of directors to assume the role as the new CEO of the Barrameda Group of Companies. The challenges are certainly great, especially the challenge of facing an increasingly competitive market going forward. However, as a member of the Administrative Council for the past two years, I have witnessed BGC's ability to take on this as well as other challenges it has encountered, due in large part to the competence, dedication and significant experience of its work force and management. I count on the support and enthusiasm from all of you." aniya ni SEB habang nakatingin sa lahat ng taong pumapalakpak sa paligid niya.

"Thank you for the wonderful speech Mr. CEO. I would like to propose a toast for our new CEO Mr. Sebastian Elliot Barrameda. Cheers! And now, what we've all been waiting for... Let's get this party started." pagpapasalamat ng host kay SEB sabay taas ng wineglass sa ere para sa toasting ceremony.

Masayang bumaba mula sa stage si SEB at sinalubong siya kaagad ng kanyang anak na si Ethan kasama ang kanyang long-time girlfriend na si Atasha na siyang tumatayong ina ni Ethan simula ng mamatay si ASH. 

"Hi Daddy! I'm proud of you. You are now the... the... What do you call it again Mommy?" excited na pagsalubong ni Ethan sa ama.

"He is now the new CEO Ethan. Isn't he great?" super proud na sagot ni Atasha kay Ethan habang nakahawak sa braso ni SEB.

"But Daddy, is it true you won't have anymore time for me since you have a lot of responsibilities now?" inosenteng tanong ni Ethan kay SEB na nagpabago ng mood ng binata. 

"I'm happy son that you like my new job. But don't worry I will still be there if you need me okay." seryosong sagot ni SEB kay Ethan habang nakaluhod sa harap ng anak para magpantay ang kanilang mga mata. 

"Promise?" aniya ni Ethan na parang nakikipagusap lamang sa kanyang kaibigan at pinasusumpa na tuparin ang pangako.

"Promise." firm na sagot ni SEB habang nakataas ang kanang kamay sa ere.

"I love you Daddy!" malambing na sambit ni Ethan sabay yakap ng mahigpit sa ama.

"I love you too son." madamdaming tugon ni SEB kay Ethan na gumanti rin ng yakap sa bata.

Masiglang bumalik sina Atasha at SEB sa kanilang upuan habang si Ethan naman ay dinala na ng yaya nito sa hotel room para magpahinga ng biglang lapitan sila ng ama ni SEB kasama ang kanyang pangalawang asawa.