Chapter One

Hi! Welcome to my new story! I began writing this story a little over a year ago but I put it on the back burner once I began 'the coffee girl'. I really hope you enjoy this story. :)

Nicholas's POV

"Addison?!"

The small blonde haired girl came running into the kitchen.

I sighed as I ran my fingers through my messy brunette hair, "Oh thank goodness."

"Daddy!"

She ran into my arms and I picked her up. "Are you ready to go to the park?"

Addie nodded.

We headed out the door and Addie stood beside me while I locked up the house. I took her hand and we walked to the park, just like every other Saturday morning.

As we walked, I couldn't help but try to shake the feeling from the pit of my stomach. I grasped Addie's hand tighter. Things were about to get incredibly hard.

Addie suddenly struggled out of my grasp and ran ahead.

"Ads!" I caught up to her as she was lifted into the air.

"Uncle Cee!"

I laughed, "Cade."

"Nicholas. You look like crap." The 5'9" Brit chuckled and patted my shoulder.

"Gee." I rolled my eyes. "Thanks."

He smiled. "Happy birthday, mate."

"Thank you. That's much nicer than telling me I look like crap."

"Yeah, well you wouldn't want me to lie to you, right?"

I chuckled, "Yeah I suppose. What are you doing here anyway?"

"I have to ask you a question, Nic."

"Ok? What is it?"

Cade sighed, "Where is my sister?"

*flashback – four years prior*

Elise was finally home. She'd been in London all weekend with her manager trying to figure out a new tour schedule.

I ran next door and knocked. A scrawny brown haired kid opened the door. "Nicholas."

"Cade." He stepped aside and let me in. Cade is Elise's half brother from her dad.

"El! Nicholas is here!"

I heard a whisper. "Nicholas? Nicky!"

My short, blonde haired best friend came running and slammed into me. I wrapped my arms around her.

"Hiya babe."

"Hi Nicky."

I kissed her forehead as she pulled away.

"Can we go to your house and talk?"

I nodded. Elise took my hand and we walked in silence back to my house and into my room.

She dropped my hand and sat down. I leaned against the back of the door and watched her as her fingers traced the design on my duvet. The one she had made for me for my tenth birthday. "Nic, I have to tell you something."

"Ok."

She sighed, "I'm pregnant."

I was stunned. It took me a moment to collect my thoughts. "You're what?"

"I'm pregnant. Two months."

"T-two mo-months? That's-"

"It's Nathan's, Nic."