Chapter 2

I stood up from the chair wanting an answer. Maybe wanting an answer was wrong, but sometimes wrong feels so right. I stepped closer to Mr. Patricks, almost an inch apart. I touched his shoulder and he turned around slowly. I took a step back to give him space, to avoid being too close to what could be danger.

"Are you afraid of something Miss Mathews?," Mr. Patricks asked me with a threatening look " Because you shouldn't be. There's nothing to be afraid of."

"Then what about you? Aren't you afraid of answering my question?"

"Not at all."

"Answer me then."

"The only thing that I know about your accident is what I told you before. A friend was with you and suddenly a car roll over you."

"Are you sure that's all you know?"

"Yes."

"Then why didn't you answer that when I asked you?"

He looked away, trying to avoid the question. He looked like he was trying to build an answer, but he couldn't find one good enough to convince me.

"We'll talk about this later. I have other patients too." He said looking at his desk.

"Okay."

"I'll give you the results of your blood examination when they're ready."

"Sure, I'll come pick them up."

I stepped out of the room with my hands covering my butt. As I walked to the elevators, I looked at the clock behind me. It was 7:00 p.m. Hours for visiting are over. I hope that guy from before got to see his girlfriend. Maybe she woke up and they got to talk a little bit. I hope they did. Maybe she stayed the same, but he got to see her. That's the important part, being with her. Even if he doesn't know it, he's presence counts.

I got back in to my room. I looked out the window and I saw it was raining. Water. A shower. I need to take one. I headed back to the front desk to ask where I could take a shower and where to find new cloth, but it seemed like everybody was busy. When I was about to leave, a guy from behind touched my shoulder.

"Do you need something?" he asked. He had a white coat and a light blue shirt, maybe a doctor?

"Um...yes. I want to know where could I take a shower and where could I find clothes."

"Go straight down that alley and turn right, you'll find a bathroom. For the clothes you need to open the left drawer on top of the mirror and there you go. If you need anything else just scream." He smiled.

"Sure, thanks." I smiled back.

I went to the bathroom and before I hopped in the shower I checked every drawer. One had towels, other had some pills, and the other one had some clothes.

I took off my cloth and I placed them on the counter. Finally, after all this time, I took a shower. I feel the water running through my skin, cool to the the touch. It's perfect.

I looked around for shampoo and conditioner. No sign. I took a step back to see better and suddenly I slipped and fell down hitting the floor. The good thing about that was that I found the shampoo, the bad news was that I found it on my butt. What's the deal with people, things and my butt? Is it really that appealing? I stood up and continued washing up.

While I was dressing, a thought popped into my mind. How much time was I asleep? What about my studies? Did I just left them there because of the accident? I have too many questions in my head, maybe what the say it's true: you do all your deep thinking in the shower. I laughed.

I finished dressing and I found toothpaste behind the mirror. Next to the toothpaste there was a pack of four tooth brushes. I took one and I placed some toothpaste on top of it to brush my teeth. One word: refreshing.

Later that night, I couldn't sleep. I felt something on my head, kind of a wall that blocked something important. Maybe my memories? I don't know, but it started hurting. It was worst than a headache, way worst. James. A blue car. Lights. Sullivan Street. Alleys. A girl. What is this all about? Is it a memory? Maybe, perhaps, does it have something to do with the accident?