Chapter 9

Nine o'clock. Just ten minutes more and I'll leave. I'm so nervous, but excited and curious. I feel like a child who  doesn't know anything, but is just ready to explore the unknown. Yesterday I had another flashback in the middle of the night. It was my mom telling me this: "When you feel nervous and excited about something just do it. It means you're doing something you've never tried to do, but spent hours and even days thinking about. It means you're about to be brave." Brave. Maybe that's the key to everything. Being brave. But it's easier said than done, right?

Knock-Knock. "Come in!" I shout.

"Hey..." Matthew says while entering the room.

"Hey..." I reply.

"So, you're leaving?" He asks shyly.

"Yes, just-" I look at the wall clock "seven minutes more."

"Oh..." He touches the back of his neck, "You weren't going to say goodbye?"

I smile. "Why should I?" I joke around.

He laughs a bit.

I get on my feet and walk towards him. He opens his arms and I enter into them, squeezing him real tightly.

"You'll-"He tries to speak.

"There's not gonna be more so make the most out of it." I state.

He squeezes me even harder than I did, which is basically leaving me without air but still, I'll have to make the most out of it, right? He gives my forehead a kiss and I feel how the blood rushes all the way to my cheekbones.

"Huh, want my number?" He winks at me. Then laughs, and continues being flirty.

"Actually yes, why not?" I smile.

"Here." He hands me a card with his name, number and work position.

"So you were planning on giving it to me either way...I see..." I little snort escapes.

"Um...well"

"Now who's red?" I ask laughing a little.

A knock comes out the door again. Maybe Daniel.

"Yup, get in." I say. I look at who was entering the room- expecting Daniel- but it turns out it was Thomas.

"Long time no see!" Thomas says, "So, did I interrupt anything or?"

"Um no." Matthew answers quickly.

"So, you're leaving today and I didn't know about it 'till your brother told me." Thomas says, ignoring Matthew.

"Yes...but do I have to tell you everything?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"I'll go." Matthew says while waking out of the room, "See you soon."

"Sure, bye." I reply almost shouting.

"Who was that?" Thomas asked.

"A friend of mine. Why do you need to know again?" I ask almost sounding pissed.

"Hey calm down, I just wanted to know, curiosity." He replies.

"Well, are you done with your business?" I raise an eyebrow, "I still need to know all the questions you left me because of the 'events' you had."

"Um...yeah. I'm free today, maybe in the way out?" He asks.

"I'm not leaving with you."

"Whom then?"

"My kind of ex-present boyfriend."

The word boyfriend hit him hard, almost leaving him without words.

"Oh okay, didn't know that either." Thomas says.

"So, answers?"

The door slams open and I see Daniel standing there.

"Answers for what?" Daniel asks.

"Pending business between us." Thomas answers.

"Us is a pretty strong word." Daniel says.

"I know. That's why I said it. Us." Thomas replied.

"Hey, first of all we're not us. Second, we'll finish later. Third, ready to leave?" I say.

"Yes." Daniel replies.

"Sure, call me." Thomas says.

"And last, stop flirting with my girlfriend." Daniel adds.

Girlfriend? We're not even official.

"Bye." I say to Thomas as I pick my stuff and get out of the room. I notice something grey-ish on my pocket. A note.

CALL ME: +1 202-555-0177

- Your new boyfriend (Thomas)

What the hell? New boyfriend, good one. Maybe I should call him to tell him how stupid that was.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, just came by to tell you that the phone number is NOT real. Thank you for evrthing btw, hope you're enjoying it.

             Lots of love, Kariana