Prologue

Zayn's POV

"We need to talk to you," Simon said to Perrie and I as we were discussing potential vacation spots.

"Is everything ok?" I asked as we followed Simon to the meeting room.

"You'll find out soon," Simon replied.

I looked over at Perrie; she had a worried look on her face.

When we got in the room, the two head management members, Susan and Mark, were waiting.

This can't be good.

"Ok you two were called in here to talk about your relationship," Susan said looking over at us, eyes peeking from the top of her glasses. I could already tell this meeting wasn't going to end well.

"Zayn, Perrie, word has been getting out about you two behaving like you were getting more serious. Don't get us wrong, we're pleased you have found love--" Perrie's manager said.

"But we have come to the conclusion that you have to break up," Uncle Simon finished, voice hiding something.

"NO!" Perrie protested, her beautiful accent becoming thicker. "You can't break Zayn and I up!" I grabbed her wrist and pulled her close to my chest. Her eyeliner began to smear at the thought of us going our separate ways. "We're in love and popularity shouldn't matter!"

"You both are so young and we've already come to our decision. Its final."

"Uncle Simon, please reconsider..."

"Not a chance, Zayn. Perrie has to move out of your flat immediately and you both have to focus on your music."

"There's got to be a way that we can work this out!" I argued, feeling the tension rise. I gave Perrie a reassuring squeeze, letting her know that I'm not letting her go for anything.

"It's over," Perrie's manager said. "Zerrie must seize to exist. Now, run along."

They eagerly pushed Perrie and I out into the empty hallway. "What are we going to do?" Perrie asked, sobbing into the plaid shirt I borrowed from Liam.

"The only thing we can do. We'll give them what they want, but never surrender. I'm going to look after you and convince them that we'll always be together. I love you, babe." I planted a gentle kiss on top of her head and glared back at the door. One way or another, Perrie and I will be together forever. She's the one.