Chapter 1

Briona POV

It's been 7 months, 15 days, and 36 minutes since Momma died. The beautiful Jamie Lachae Carter. Her life cut short cause of a car accident.

Every night I cry myself to sleep knowing it was my fault. I'm the one that made her leave the house angry and drunk because I couldn't have my way. Cause I kept talking back and I couldn't just listen. It's all my fault. I don't have enough strength to kill myself but I don't have enough strength to live and function throughout the day. I still struggle by myself every day just to keep pushing.

Daddy ain't been around as much since she died, and he been telling me he gotta "work late" and all that bullshit. But I ain't stupid, ain't nobody working till three in the morning. I don't give a shit what your job is.

He out there messing with some little stripper hoes, they just using him for his money but he don't see that. One of them bitches gonna end up trapping his ass with a baby and life is going to be even worse. It's like he don't even care his fucking wife, the mother of his child is dead.

Deceased. Gone. Mortified.

When he is actually home, he's always telling me that he loves me and everything gonna be okay. But it's not. It's not fucking okay. My mother is dead. I'm only 16.

I need her right now more than ever. I can't talk to my daddy about boys or gossip, and even if I wanted too he ain't never at home. He hasn't cried since she died, not at the hospital, not at the funeral.

I understand everyone has different ways of mourning, but the fuck is wrong with him? I sat up and threw the nearest thing to my bed at the ground. The vase. My vase. Her vase. The vase my mother gave me two days before our argument. Two days before she died.

"Fuck!" I pulled at my hair and scrambled to pick up the pieces of the wooden floor. How could I pick that up and not realize what it was? I don't fucking know.

All I'm absolutely sure of right now is that I wish I had carpet floors. Because I just keep destroying everything.

Yup. This vase isn't going back together. I gathered up the largest and the tiniest of pieces and place them on an empty dresser until I can take it to some shop. I threw myself back onto my bad and slap my hands onto my face until tears begin to fall. I can't take this. I need to be strong. Momma wouldn't want this. Momma would want you to be strong.

I sniffled and managed to pull myself together. And walked into the bathroom down the hall. I leaned over on the granite sink counter and pulled on my eyes while staring at myself in the mirror. I stripped myself of my clothing, I need a shower to help me chill. I looked down at the screen of my big ass new phone to see my best friend, Toniaya, calling.

Honestly what's the difference between the 6 and the 6s plus? I just liked it cause it was pink, and my dad got it to make up for being out all night 2 days in a row. I rolled my eyes at the thought and clicked the green circle.

"What is up hoe!" her loud ass voice screamed into the phone causing me to step back and blink a couple times.

"Girl what I tell yo ass about that", I sniffled into the phone and she paused,"bitch you been crying? Oh hell no I'm coming over like now."

I rolled my eyes at her even though she couldn't see me, "Yea ok how you plan on getting here girl?" "I'm gon call Trent duh! Get it together cause we both coming", she replied all hype as if I had actually invited her. "Whatever, I'm bout to get in the shower though." I walked over to the the walk in glass shower and opened the door. "Okay girl hurry yo ass up, love you bye". Before I could say it back she hung up and I put my phone back on the sink counter. I pulled my hair into a bun and walked into the shower as I turned the knob to slightly hot.