Chapter 3

Briona POV

The cute guy that punched Trent in the face and insisted on staring at me to make me feel even worse about my skin took a seat next to me and I peeked at him through my fingers. He was attractive but I could tell he wasn't the type to have a girlfriend. I could see him staring at me and biting his lip. I don't know if he was trying to be sexy or not, but it was making me a little uncomfortable.

I contemplated on punching him in the throat for what he did to Trent but instead I just wiped my tears. I don't need some random nigga seeing me cry so he can go back and tell his friends. "You good ma?" I took my hands off my eyes and sat up straight. "Not your ma," I tried to stand up and he pulled me back down. The fuck did he want? Why is everyone trying to harass Briona. 

"Look I'm just trying to talk to you, curly," he let go of my arm but held it in the air close to me in case I tried to get back up. I thought about making a run for it, but I'd probably fall like those white girls in the horror movies, and I didn't know where Trent or Tonaiya were. So I was stuck here with weirdo man. "Curly?" I raised my eyebrow catching what he had just called me. "Yea curly, you won't tell me your name so I came up with my own little nickname for you, because your curls.. yeah." He muttered the last part and looked away awkwardly.

It was actually kind of cute, the way his perfect white teeth bit down on his pink large lips in a subtle way, not like he was trying to swallow them. A breeze blew by and I shivered covering my arms with my hands. "You wanna go back inside?" He looked at me noticing my movement and I nodded. He offered his hand but I ignored it and stood up on my own. He quickly moved his hand in his pocket and mumbled. Why would I have taken his hand? I don't even know him, he could be a serial killer or something, shit.

We walked inside the house together and sat down at the bar counter thing as people stared at us. He didn't seem to mind, but I did,I didn't want anyone to think we were together. Not that he would date me but I took a deep breath and tried to relax. I had agreed to come and have fun but so far Trent got punched in the face, Tonaiya abandoned me, Taylor was being Taylor, and some weird cute guy was trying to talk to me.

"Sorry about Taylor,"he tried to look into my eyes but I looked away. It was like he was trying to decipher me and I didn't like it. "It's fine, but I gotta go whatever your name is," I got up and he sat me back down with a small smirk. What is with this boy and pulling people? "Mah name is Jaycob , you can call me Jay." "No thanks Jaycob," I was being stubborn, and anybody else would have walked away from me by now but he wasn't. Nobody had ever tried to pursue me and it felt like he was. 

He had on khaki joggers, a light blue and red flannel, long sleeve shirt, a gold watch, and blue vans. He wasn't sagging or anything but he looked like a classy hoe. The kind of guy to fuck you and give you a pearl necklace on the way out. "You can't just tell me your name?" He scooted closer and I tucked my lips in my mouth making my dimples show. "These are cute," he poked my cheek and I released my lips, his fingers felt awkward on my face. 

I turned my seat and  looked around trying to find Tonaiya and I spotted her with Dwayne, I hoped she didn't let him hit but I was more worried about letting her see me with this dude. Before I could get up and rush for her, she saw me and made a circle with her mouth, she tapped Dwayne and they scurried off into the crowd of drunk teenagers. "Ughhh!" I let my head fall into my hands once again and groaned.

When I see her, I'm legit going to kill her. Nah, I would probably hire somebody else to do that. But I would probably have to kill them too so they wouldn't snitch. I was planning her murder in my head and he touched my shoulder. "Aye I was just trying to talk , but you clearly don't want me right here, so I'm out," I didn't look up but I could feel him leaving  me and I almost wanted to stop him. He seemed so nice and genuine, but don't all players? He was just trying to get in my pants. Right? I tried to convince myself that it was good I had let him walk away.