Chapter 6

Briona POV

Two weeks had passed since my first "study" session with Jaycob and everyday since we had been talking and hanging out more. I was actually warming up to him and his awful sense of humor. Although he still acted like a dick and hung around several females 25/8 he was showing signs of being a chill dude. Besides that, I found out that Trent and him were cool now, in fact Trent was the one that gave Jay the directions to my house for our first meeting. Creepy asses.

We even went to the party last Friday and walked in together, as friends of course, but everyone was looking at him with judgmental faces as if to say, why the hell was he standing with me. Girls had been leaving hate messages in my locker and leaving comments on my Instagram saying they wanted to fight me and calling me hoes ever since we walked to class together. Jay would just laugh like the shit was funny when I told him to control his groupies, but it was getting stressful waking up to girls on my pictures calling me ugly just because I hung out with the guy they had sex with or liked. Or maybe it was because I was really ugly, but whatever the reason if I got one more of these little threats I was gonna pop somebody in their mouth. But then again I could just get Tonaiya to do it for me.

I pulled my curls into a ponytail and applied my favorite chapstick, it made my lips moist and pink but not glossy or sparkly. "Oooh who you trying to impress?" Tonaiya walked in my room with her hands on her hip and looked me over. My outfit consisted of a plain white shirt, destroyed medium blue jean overalls and my Air Force 1s. Basically I was looking plain as hell and she was just being extra.

 "Jesus, that's who, you think he approves?" I spun around one time then stopped to see her rolling her eyes at my sarcasm. "Probably not, ass look too fat," I blinked at her and observed her face which had a good portion of makeup on it. Ever since she started talking to Dwayne more she would try to doll herself up more and I ain't say nothing about it cause she would just deny it. I shook my head knowing that boy was pulling her on a string and she thought she was climbing up but she was actually slipping.

They got into an argument three times a week and they had only been on speaking terms for two weeks. Whenever he got mad he would say something hurtful about her weight and then apologize for it later. I could tell it was taking a toll on her, she wasn't eating as much and lowkey starving herself when I knew damn well she was hungry. He wasn't mentally stable to care for another person, almost like Jaycob, that's why they both messed around with so many issues.

 "You need to stop talking to that boy, for real, did you even have breakfast?" I asked her suspiciously and she ignored my eye contact looking down at the hard floor. "Yea I know, I can just eat at school," she mumbled as she walked out signifying that she wasn't going to eat at all. If she wouldn't eat this high class food we had up in here, I knew damn well she wasn't going to eat them burnt extra crispy pieces of bacon. Shit turned to dust as soon as you took one bite.

I followed her grabbing my phone and slipping it my pocket before eyeing my dresser. I had yet to take my mom's broken vase to a shop, I had been so busy lately that I forgot about it. But in all honesty, they couldn't fix that thing, I destroyed it and super glue was not being helpful to a nigga. I sighed and flicked the light off before closing my door and going downstairs where Naiya was leaned up against the front door checking her nails and obviously waiting for me. 

I grabbed the black card and my keys off the counter along with a red apple and left out. My dad had just brought home the black card as a gift and I was getting really skeptical of what he was doing. To have that card you had to bring in hella dough like, spending more than 20 grand a month.

I thought about what he might be doing late nights as I drove out the neighborhood, yea we had always been well off but recently I didn't think he could afford all the stuff he had been buying, but then again maybe he had just been taking more clients. Tonaiya turned on the radio and All Hands on Deck by Tinashe blasted through the speakers. We rolled our windows down and gave each other the signature 'let's fuck some shit up' look.