Chapter Eight

This is the last real chapter, only an epilogue remains after this. Thank you for sticking with me

© RachelJessie 2013 All rights reserved

“Oh come on!” Emmeryn screamed at the figure.

“Not you too, please see reason!” The prince grinned a menacing smile as he dragged her from Ethan.

“He will bleed out and die! How could you do this to him. Amelia!” Emmeryn struggled to get back to the bleeding man.

“Finish him off.” Amelia nodded and drew her  bow.

“Uro!” She screamed, and Amelia’s bow caught on fire. She screamed and threw it on the ground, and stomped it out.

“Now that was not very nice was it Emmy?” Xavier teased as he covered her mouth.  Emmeryn thrashed as she watched Amelia stab her brother with a knife.

“How long?” She asked simply as Ethan finally gave into death.

“Eight Months. I was the one who brewed your love potion. And speak of the devil.” Emmeryn felt Xavier move away and her breath caught at the sparks.

“What do you think Emmy? A whole new Shadow Land, ruled by the Starlight and me and you at the top. We can have everything.” Gabriel ran his hand over her arm. Emmeryn froze as his hand brushed over her stomach wound.

“I am so sorry about that. I needed Demetrius out of battle; I knew you would be all right.” Emmeryn knew she was trapped; Amelia, Xavier and Gabriel could easily catch her if she ran. Emmeryn stared at the body of Ethan and shivered with fear.

“Please. Please just see reason. I am sure that you will all be forgiven if you stop this foolishness. I will see to it myself that-“ Gabriel covered her mouth.

“Of course you would see to it.” Amelia snarled at her. “Perfect little Emmy, will make everything all right. You are a fool! Look around, you are done. Demetrius will be killed, and the Starlight Lands will rule over everything!” Her eyes went dreamy.

“What about Brenton? He will leave you in a second, Amelia, and I know you love him dearly.” Amelia hissed at her words and drew her bow.

“Stand down Amelia.” Xavier pushed her backwards, taking her bow. He walked up to Emmeryn and stroked her hair.

“Emmy, you can have everything. A husband who loves you, a group of people who will protect and serve you, you will be Queen by my side, Emmy! I am the key to your freedom. But if you refuse, well then” He snickered and picked up an arrow from the pouch.

“Use your imagination. Now we have to go back into battle, and you have the choice of joining us, or we leave you alone with Gabriel.” The knight grinned at her.

“I will go with you.” Emmeryn nodded, maybe she could heal people, and find Demetrius.

“Good.” Amelia took one arm, and Xavier took another and they dragged her back to the battle.

------------------------()()()()()()()()()()()--------------------------

Demetrius grunted as he took down another Starlight soldier. Where was Ethan? Brenton was beside him, taking down men with ease but they kept coming.

“Where is Emmeryn?” Brenton asked, and Demetrius froze. That let the opponent stab him, and he fell to the ground as he was surrounded.

“Emmy.” He whispered as he heard Brenton fall as well. That was it, the battle had been won. The remaining soldiers from both sides stopped fighting and waited for the surrender.