Delinquent Love

Chapter 2 - Ronnie

Sitting in this room reminds me of the hospitals I spent years in and out of. It's just the dean's office, but it sure as hell is depressing.

"Mr. Capella, I advise you stay away from Johnny or I'll make your life miserable while you're here. Is that clear?" Mr. Echwood, the dean of this place, tells me. I got sent to his office for the third time today for pickin' a fight. People just don't seem to get me. They're always pressin' me on and soon enough, they end up hurting.

I nod my head.

"Alright, then get to class."

Leaving his office, bubbly little Stacy comes hovering over to me.

"Hey, Ron, I see you're in trouble again," she says when she reaches me. I look her up and down and meet her gaze. She's smiling widely. God, I hate it when she smiles. It's so sweet and sincere, it's hard to resist. I flash her a weak smile and slowly nod my head.

"Why are you so quiet?" she asks before I get a chance to walk away. I look up at her and shrug before hurrying off to class.

I blame it on my mom for my not speaking. Every time I come home from here, she sends me back again. I stopped trusting people after that and therefore don't share my thoughts and feelings with anyone.

In chemistry class, I go straight to the back of the hideous classroom and sit in the corner.

"Mr. Capella, I hope you have a good reason for being late, because there is a zero tolerance policy in my class for unreasonable tardies," the teacher said. Everyone in the class was staring at me, which makes me totally uncomfortable. I slouch over in my seat and look down.

"I was with Mr. Echwood," I say in a small voice. The teacher eyes me and turns around.

"Ronnie, I'd like to speak to you after class," she says authoritatively. I nod my head and slump down in my chair. This is gonna be a long day.