Delinquent Love

Chapter 6 - Ronnie

Great. I have to work with the new girl. This is not going to be fun at all. I have a strong feeling that it's gonna end up like last time and there's nothing I can do about it. New people make me so uncomfortable.

The first time I was here, there was this other new kid named Javier. We got paired together to write an english paper and the whole time he was either staring at himself in the mirror or staring at me which really creeped me out. The guy had huge glossy eyes. Well, he ended up killing himself a few days later. It made me feel like a repelent and really stupid for beating the shit outta him. I'd be lying if I said he deserved it, 'cause he really didn't do anything to piss me off. I don't even remember why I beat him up.

Well, like I said, new people make me really uncomfortable. They always stare at me like I'm a freak, like they've never seen piercings or tatoos before.
It drives me up the wall.

When class was over, the new girl follows me outside to lunch. The good thing is, she isn't staring at me yet. I sit at my normal spot in the corner away from everyone and she sits in the seat across from me.

"Hi," she says, her sweet voice ringing in my ears. I stare at her blankly.

"Hey, Ronnie. Who's this?" asks Stacy from behind me. The new girl's gaze follows mine up to Stacy, her pale eyes locking with mine for the quickest second.

"I'm Alexis," she says quietly.

"Stacy," Stacy says as she sits next to me.

"Hey partners," says a short dorky guy with big glasses as he sits next to Alexis. A girl following him comes over and sits next to me, her big brown eyes focusing on my lips.

"I'm Kenzy," she says, her eyes moving from my lips to my hair. She looked fascinated at what she saw.

"And I'm Gene," says the guy. Getting to be too many people, I look Gene dead in the eyes and cuss him out in twelve different languages, then stormed away from the table as quick as I could. I can barely handle one new girl, what makes them think I can handle four people at once?