Delinquent Love

Chapter 13 - Alexis

"Yeah, I know," I said to Leah. As soon as Ronnie left, I called my best girl friend, Leah. She answered and started telling me about all these rumors that were going on about me.

"So, where is this place again?" she asked, sounding worried.

"Manhattan. Listen, you have to come get me. This place is hell and I'm staying in a room with the devil," I said.

"Damn, that bad?" she said.

"Yeah, and the worst part is, it's a guy," I said. She gasped.

"Omg, I'll be there, give me the address and I'll be there," she said. I smiled.

"Thank you so much," I said happily. She giggled.

"What are friends for?" she said. I could tell she was smiling.

"Yeah," I said.

"So, what does this devil look like? Does he look like the bad guy in movies?" she asked. I scoffed and looked at the clock. Eleven p.m.

"Well, he sure doesn't look like the movies," I said.

"Really? So, he doesn't have a scarred up face and creepy eyes?" she asked. I chuckled and layed down on the bed.

"Leah, he's not a rapist or something... At least I don't think he is. He seemed pretty scared when I got close to him, actually." I said. She giggled again.

"So you scared the devil away? Alexis O'Brien, you are bad," she laughed.

"Yeah, well, that's just how I roll," I said. We laughed together and continued talking about Ronnie. I heard the door open and looked up to see Ronnie standing there, soaking wet.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" I said. He shrugged his shoulders and walked into the bathroom.

"Alex, what was that?" Leah said.

"Um, I have to go," I said, hanging up as Ronnie came out without a shirt on.

"What are you doing?" I asked, "And why are you wet?"

"I went for a swim," he said.

"Um, okay?" I said, totally confused as to where and why he went swimming this late at night.

"Hand me that blanket, would you?" he said. I blinked a couple times and pulled one of the blankets from underneath me.

"Here," I said as I threw it at him.

"Thanks," he said. He layed down on the floor and covered himself with the blanket.

"You know, I don't mind sleeping on the floor," I said. He looked up at me and shrugged.

"Neither do I," he said. I smiled slightly and covered myself with the other blanket that was on the bed.

"Thanks," I said.

"Sure," he said. I smiled at his reply and closed my eyes. I wasn't tired, but whatever. I just layed there for a while and pretty soon was able to fall asleep.