Chapter 16. The Burrow

16. The Burrow

Megan POV

After my trial the whole Weasley family plus Harry and Hermione were waiting for me. I was pulled into many warm embraces being asked many questions all the while.

"How are you?"

"What was it like in Azkaban?"

"Where did all these scars come from?"

"Did they hurt you?"

"Why were you chained to that chair?" This question was put to me by Ron bringing another onslaught of questions.

"They had you chained up like a criminal?" Hermione cried her voice rising steadily.

"Is that where these marks on your arms came from?"

"Did they-"

"Now then, that is quite enough." Declared Mrs Weasley. "Megan was just interrogated by the ministry, I hardly think she needs to be interrogated by you too!"

"Excuse me, Megan?" I felt someone tap me on the back causing me to whirl around in fear.

"Oh, Kingsley, it's just you!"

"Yes, I'm sorry for frightening you. Here, your wand," He said and placed it in my hand. "Be careful, Megan."

As Kingsley walked away Fudge approached us glaring at me scornfully.

"You were lucky, Potter, that Dumbledore was there to save you. Next time I'll get you, I'll make sure of that." With one last glare he turned on his heel and entered what appeared to be his private elevator, the inside appeared more spacious than the others but no one made a move to get into it.

"Megan how did Kingsley get your wand?" Harry asked in confusion. "Your wand was in your bag when they found it in Diagon Alley and they gave it to me."

"This is a different wand, Voldemort gave it to me."

"Come along now, there will be plenty of time to chat once we're back home." Mrs Weasley was eager to get going.

Soon we were all squashed into an elevator and soaring back up to the auditorium. Once the lift clanged to a halt we all squeezed back out.

We had no trouble making our way across the auditorium. As soon as people saw me they pressed back into the crowds afraid to be near me, some even turned and hurried back the way they had come.

We reached the fireplaces where Mrs Weasley began to explain floo travel to me.

"It's okay, I know what to do. Where are we going?"

Slightly flustered she replied, "Back to our house dear, The Burrow."

I stepped toward the fireplace grabbed a handful of floo powder and threw it into the fire. Stepping in, I carefully said my destination.

I felt dizzy as flashes of rooms whirled past me. Today's events were enough to make my head spin.

I slid out of a fireplace into a bright and cheerful room. I dusted myself off and peered around. 

Light streamed in through the window opposite me lighting up the room. Some rather old looking armchairs were scattered around the room covered in all sorts of things from books to washing. A low coffee table was placed in the middle of the room. Against one wall was a large antique looking clock that didn't appear to be showing the time.

This room opened onto their dining room and kitchen which looked just as messy as this room. Yet the untidiness seemed natural and made the place into a warm welcoming home.