4. Found!

4. Found!

Megan POV

I had been trapped in this park for a while every time I got up the courage to leave I would see them searching the streets and hide again.

Another month had probably passed and I had done nothing but use up all my matches.

It was a chilly night and I lay huddled in the dark. I was shivering uncontrollably.

I couldn't take it any longer. I pulled out my wand and lit fire. It was easier to aim with my wand than with my hand and I couldn't afford to set the whole place on fire.

I was just sitting resting by the fire when I heard the crack that meant someone had apparated nearby.

Oh god, what if they had found a way so that they could track me down if I used magic.

I leapt to my feet all tiredness gone. Gotta love adrenaline rushes.

A man stepped into the clearing. He had his wand raised.

The wizard was tough-looking and had short wiry hair. I didn't recognize him from any where.

"I am prepared to take you by force!" he boomed.

I stood and raised my hand shooting water all over him. The strong burst knocked him over. So I took off sprinting.

I never new I could run that fast or that far. If that was a marathon race, I would have won.

I weaved in and out of the trees. Jumping over roots so I didn't trip. I ran out of the park and into a neat little street I leapt over a couple of fences and then saw my chance. I ducked down low and ran to the side of the house I could hear him closing in.

I bent down and crawled under the decking area outside the house. I crawled through a gap where a ramp met the wall. I burrowed down into a dark corner basically under the house and waited.

I heard him land this side of the fence. He kept running. He ran and jumped over the front gate and took off that way.

Relief washed through me. I'd need to move soon because the area would be swarming with people searching for me soon. I'd have to change my appearance and my clothes, and I won't be able to use any magic anymore.

For now though I curled up in a ball and took a well earned rest.