Chapter 5. I really should have thought that through...

5. I really should have thought that through...

Megan POV

I woke up in pitch black, panic set in. Then I remembered what had happened. It was now night time.

I crawled out from under the deck.

Huddled in a corner I used the cover of darkness to change. I pulled on a pair of shorts I had stolen along with a top and the shoes and socks. I adjusted my body size so that they fit perfectly.

I made myself look like a man. I changed my hair to a dark brown and my eyes to hazel.

I ran along the wall and pulled open a gate letting me into the front yard.

I saw light creeping along the horizon.

Then I heard a motorcycle. I hid in the bushes, watching as the posty came by deliver newspapers.

Once the street had fallen back into silence I ran out and grabbed the paper. I ripped open the plastic and held the paper.

I read the only information in it that I cared about, the date. It was the 19th of August.

I can't believe it. I didn't realize it had been so long. I must have lost track of time while locked up in the basement as well as when I was hiding.

I heard a noise and hid in the shadows. I peered around an saw the same wizard from before looking for me.

I unlatched the gate bs slipped back into the backyard. I sighed but crawled back under the house. I decided to stay here for a week so that the wizard would leave.

Then I would need to rob a few houses and gather supplies.

The week passed very fast. I hadn't seen anyone out in the yard. I hadn't even seen anyone in the house.

I crawled back out and peered around. I hadn't bothered to keep my appearance hidden for the past week and I didn't think to change it as I climbed up the steps on to the raised decking.

I silently walked over to the door and pushed it open. It had been left unlocked.

I didn't think of why the door might be unlocked. I never thought that someone was in the house and definitely didn't think that this was the home of a wizard.