Part3

I woke up with a major headache. I smiled a little because I knew when I turned around, Alex would be there to cheer me up, but the other side of the bed was empty. That's when it hit me; everything from last night wasn't a dream. How the hell was I supposed live?

I could barely focus at work. Every time the phone rung or a customer came though the door, I got so jittery because I was hoping it would be him.
"Excuse me miss?" I snapped out of my daze by a man who was smiling extremely hard, showing off his pearly whites. He was tall, light skinned with long light brown dreads and hazel eyes.

"Oh my bad, how can I help you?"

"I wanna get a ladies opinion." He licked his lips as he held a pair of white huaraches in his hand.

"They're very comfortable. Colors great for everyday basic wear but can get dirty easily. I suggest getting a different color, maybe black if you want to wear it everyday." I was a cashier, not a sales clerk. He could've asked the five other people running around the floor.

"A women who knows her shoes, I like that. And you sexy ass hell." I felt real violated with the way he was looking me up and down. "You short too. Yeah I could do some damage."

"Look are you gon by the shoes or..."
"Yeah, ring me up." I went to the back to tell Rayne to get the shoes.

"Girl, I saw that fine ass nigga at the cash register talking to you. You could always use a rebound."

"Please, his ass is so perverted. All he did was smile at me while he looked me up and down." She handed me the shoes.
"Girl, just have some fun, live a little. When you done with him we going on our lunch break." I went back out to the register.
"Here's your shoes. It'll be $115.37." I started wrapping up the shoes. He paid in cash and I was locking up the register.
"You should give me your number."
"Look, I'm not into black guys so your really just wasting your time."
"I'm not black, I'm mixed. And a fine dark chocolate girl like yourself need a light skinned brother like me." I rolled my eyes and finally gave my number to him.

"I can't think without him. Hell I can't live without him. I just can't believe he left this whole thing we built for someone else." Me and Rayne were eating the Japanese food in the food court.

"I think you need to talk to him bout this, so you can get answers. And if that don't work, we can always take a field trip to the Lil hoe and cut her ass." Rayne started swooshing her plastic fork around.

"Your so stupid." I needed the laugh. Rayne been my best friend since 6th grade and she was just as, if not more, crazy as I am. I was the one who usually gave her break up advice for all of her failed relationships, but this was the first she ever gave me any. "Ima go talk to him. After work." I started to feel really sick and then I ran to the garbage and threw up.

"Girl what happened? When was the last time you and him...."

"I'm not pregnant. I can't be. Its probably from the alcohol I drunk last night."

"Nah, last spring break you drunk 3 bottles straight and ain't have no affects. Here take some of these." She pulled out five pregnancy tests.

"Why and the hell do you have these?" I took one and we headed towards the bathroom.

"Bitch, you never know."I peed on all of them and waited the 20 minutes.
"What they say."

"I'm pregnant."