flora

thank you to @athenaeum_ for the lovely banner.

we could've been together you know.. you and your worn out leather shoes, and me and my floral moods. 

he'd never imagined a person such as her. one who always smelled of flowers, whether it be lilac, or lavender, it was always a flower. and such a peculiar trait of hers, always a piece of floral print accompanied her. whether it be an article of clothing, or a watch, or ring, it was there; sometimes subtle and sometimes furiously outgoing, so much it was the first thing you saw.

she, herself, was notable.

dark, obsidian black hair, with crystalline blue eyes.

one of those girls you'd only see in movies, or hear about in books. but there she was, standing at five foot seven, every weekday in the coffee shop.

he hadn't spoken to her, not in any way, shape or form. he'd been warned of love in coffee shops and anywhere pastries and hot drinks were found. warned and told off. his mum had said no good could come of such people who travelled these places so much.

but maybe such was true towards himself as well.

he couldn't remember when he began to notice her, nor did it matter very much, but still pawed at him anyway; a thought that he could not shake off as he might shake off a bout of tiredness.

he continuously strained his eyes to read the side of her coffee cup, for they never announced her name since they knew who she was, and was standing right there.

one day, however, as he was wandering towards the cream & sugars cart, she had wandered there as well. both searching for the same thing; brown sugar and half & half.

maybe it was fate, maybe that's too ridiculous and too big of an idea for them, but they did meet, and they did go on to become something unbeknownst to the remainder of the world.

but all that mattered was that introduction that day.

"hi," she smiled, her lips a numbingly light pink & her eyelids the like of shadows, "i'm flora." and she stuck her manicured, unpolished hand out for him to shake.

him, shocked, at her name, and her appearance, received it, "percy."