First Lie

{And I will hate it, I still want you,

Cause I will hate it, but I still want you around}

“It’s over now.”

“What?”

“You can break up with her.”

Lucy leaned further against the wall, pressing her body against it and hoping no one would interrupt the chat that was taking place.

“Really?”

“Of course,” The pale green haired girl smirked at the pinkette in front of her, slowly trailing her fingers across his chest. Her smirk seemed to widen when he shivered.

“....” The boy turned his gaze downcast, an uncomfortable knot forming in his throat.

“Oh?” Her voice pulled him back up, staring into her brown eyes. “Oh.” Her voice lowered dangerously, her outlook darkening.

Natsu swallowed hard, sweat forming on his neck. “W-What?” He managed to choke out, nerves biting at him.

“You’ve fall in love with her.” It wasn’t a question, it was a statement. “Haven’t you?” Her voice was edgy and filled with malice.

“...” Natsu didn’t dare answer, not trusting his voice enough to lie. She let out a light laugh that sounded more like a snarl, her lips twisting distastefully.

“You can’t be serious.” She barked out at him, anger boiling in her stomach. “You’re joking, right?” She continued to advance on him, narrowing her eyes on his bowed head.

“Look at me!”

He snapped his head up, onyx eyes glaring at her dangerously. She took a step back in surprise before pulling herself together, walking close enough to where their noses nearly touched.

“What about us?” She growled, not intimidated by his expression even though he was a good foot taller than her.

Without hesitating the slightest, not even blinking, he said clear as a bell so she did not misinterpret:

“What us.”

Karen, aghast by his statement, searched his facial expression for a hint that he was kidding. Finding none, she snarled hatefully, stomping her foot.

“I won’t let you be with her!” She declared. “I’ll tell her everything!” She bumped shoulders harshly with him, stomping towards the classroom’s opening.

“NO!” He yelled, whipping around. He grabbed her by the shoulder hastily, pushing her against the wall harshly, but not enough to actually hurt.