Second Lie

{The wind changed, the first day that you came through}

BEFORE

That day when Natsu arrived at school, he was cold.

Freezing cold.

And Natsu....doesn’t get cold easily.

So he was confused, to say the least as he pulled his huge winter coat even closer, trying to warm up his numb body.

Why was it so cold?

“Did you hear about the Heartfilia girl?” He heard a whisper from beside him. He ignored them completely, shivering slightly in his seat.

“Hey Natsu,”

Said boy looked up, a crooked grin forming on his facial features when he saw who it was. The light haired teenaged girl winked flirtatiously at him and he did the exact same thing back, giving her some room to sit down.

“Hey Karen.” He all but purred, arrogance rolling off of him in waves. She kissed his cheek and sat down, stiffening Natsu up.

“What are you doing?” He almost growled defensively, black eyes piercing.

She giggled without humor “I need your help.” She said immediately, not one to beat around the bush.

“With what?” He replied quietly, not wanting anyone eavesdropping in on their conversation.

“With the new girl.” Karen whispered back, realizing the same thing. She flipped her straight green hair, inspecting herself closely in the tabletops reflection.

“Heartfilia?” He replied, surprised. She clenched her fist at even the mention of that troll, teeth gritting angrily.

“Don’t even say her name,” She hissed dangerously at the pinkette. The boy rose an eyebrow in surprise at her hateful tone, a smirk slowly melting onto his lips.

“Oh? Why the sudden jealousy?”

“I’m not jealous!” She snapped back instantly, her voice rising. A few peers turned to stare at her in surprise, only to look away quickly when she directed a withering gaze their way.

“Sure,” he snorted, rolling his eyes. “And my hair isn’t salmon.”

“It isn’t,” She replied emotionlessly, a delicate eyebrow arose. “It’s pink.”

“It’s salmon!” he exasperated, glaring harshly at the girl. She smirked evilly at his anger, finding it amusing.

“Whatever, will you help me or not?” She demanded, tired of their useless banter. He paused, eying her carefully.

“What exactly is it?” He questioned.

She shrugged her shoulders “simple, just pretend to date her for a while then crush her heart into pieces.” She grinned, the hateful gleam in her eyes seemed unfitting for such an angelic face.

Natsu’s eyebrows shot up in complete surprise “and what do I get in return?” He decided to consider, leaning closer.

She turned his way, putting her hand suggestively on top of his. “You always say you can have any girl in this school, so why not put it to the test?” She offered. Natsu contemplated for a few moments before a challenging grin broke out on his face.

“Deal.”

xi.i.x

“Sorry I’m late.”