Eighth Lie

The urge for MakoHaru is too strong now...I must finish this story before it is far too late.

;

{Better to be hated than love, love, loved for what you're not}

"Maybe we shouldn't've even fallen in love?"

That's what she wants to say. She wants to spit and hit and say the meanest things to him.

But why even bother?

When she thought about it, he was going through about as much crap as her. People were cruel and spiteful and the looks he gave her would just wrench her heart out.

"What do I do?" She whispered.

Beep...beep...beep...

She sighed, clutching her purse tighter. Hesitantly, she adventured forward, shuffling to the bedside.

Clearing the lump from her throat, she began to speak. "I...I'm so lonely...and scared...and I just...I just need him!" She confessed in a furious whisper, bowing her head in shame, her teeth gritting.

Why the hell should she care about him? Why did he have to be so...so fakely in love with her?!

"Please help me! I...I'm so lost right now and you're the only one who can help me. Please, please..." She begged, falling into the visitor chair.

Beep...beep...beep...

Tears fell down her porcelain cheeks, this had been happening a lot recently. Quickly brushing them away she shook with a weary sigh, staring ahead with a glassy stare.

"Mr. Igneel, please help me." She whimpered, biting her lip helplessly.

No response but the usual beeping of the machines, the tube rising and falling from within the man.

She smiled warmly.

x.i.i.x

"Erza's still pissed at you!" Gajeel tried to hide his smirk for the first time ever, knowing exactly why she was mad in the first place. Natsu huffed out a sigh of exhaustion, his swollen eye still throbbing.

"I know..." he grumbled, pouting childishly. Gray and Jellal joined them, the blue haired boy studying him carefully before deciding he didn't want to know, quietly walking along.

"Nice face Natsu!" Gray snorted, satisfied someone had punched his enemy in the face. Natsu scowled, flipping the idiot off.

"Shaddup Ice face before I get Erza on you!" He threatened, and cackled when the dark haired guy shivered, shrinking back instantly.

"Wait, Erza did this?" Jellal questioned, though by his expression he wasn't honestly surprised.

"Yeah!" Natsu poked carefully at his face, wincing.

"Why?" An uncomfortable silence spread across the friends, uneasiness filling them.

"Because of Lucy," Gajeel was bold enough to break the silence, not noticing the clench of Natsu's fist by his side.

"...Lucy?" Jellal furrowed his eyebrows, he really had to catch up on the latest with his group. He was clearly missing something.

"Aren't you dating her, Natsu?" A sudden and instant realization smacked the bluenette in the face as he quickly bit his tongue, finally able to understand the meaning of the suffocating silence.

"No...she broke up with me.." He mumbled, his tone indicating he really didn't want to talk about it. Jellal respected his wishes, though could tell he had already put Natsu into a bad mood.