Fifth Lie

{Well you see her when you fall asleep

But never to touch and never to keep

'Cause you loved her too much

And you dived too deep}

When Natsu arrived to English, he was happy.

Because when Lucy had arrived to school, she was happy.

Extremely happy.

And when he waved to her in the hallway, she had turned away and blushed, leaving him smirking.

So he sat in their conjoined classroom, pencil tapping impatiently as he waited for her to walk in through the door.

"Well this is a first Mr. Dragneel," Natsu's head snapped up to see Mr. Justine staring at him suspiciously, scowl present.

"Just happy to be here," he said, knowing the teacher knew nothing of sarcasm. Freed nodded as if he approved, though a sliver of doubt clouded his intellectual mind.

When he turned back towards the door, he hissed when he noticed many people had walked in already. He searched for Lucy, only to find her on the opposite side of the room, reading a book quietly.

He stared at her for a few moments, once again mesmerised. She enjoyed reading, wow...just wow. That was truly hard to find in people these days.

It reminded him of his father...

He shook the thought away, a smile appearing on his face as he slunk over to her side. She slightly looked up, eyes widening. She tried hiding her face in her book, eyes glaring into it so she feigned concentration.

He grinned.

"Hey, Lucy."

She couldn't stop herself from looking up on instinct, silently cursing herself.

"Hello Mr. Dragneel," she replied steadily, trying to control her temperature. He rose an eyebrow, plopping down begrudgingly in the seat in front of her.

"Come onnnnnnn I thought we were frienddss?" He moaned, planting his face on her desk with a pout. She rose an eyebrow in utter surprise, watching him carefully.

"You want to be my friend?" She asked quietly, the confusion in her voice confusing him.

"Yeah of course...why not?" He quirked an eyebrow, staring closely at the blonde as she averted her gaze.

"It's just...I'm not accepting friend requests right now, sorry." She said in a small voice, looking out the window instead of at him. This irked him for some strange reason.

"What the hell? This isn't facebook, Lucy!" Natsu complained, silently screaming at her to look at him. She refused, however.

A light smile graced her lips, her chest feeling warm. "Sorry..." she said quietly, going back to her book. Natsu continued to sit in front of her, staring at her in deep thought.

"What?" she asked, finally beyond irritation. A smile graced Natsu's lips as he stared down at her, his eyes dancing with light.

"I might not be your friend, but you're mine." He said cryptically, confusing the girl. He stood up and walked back to his original seat, leaving her perplexed.

"Alright everyone, pull out your quote journals."

x.i.i.x

"Alright everyone it's Softball block!" The gym teacher grinned wickedly, eyes racking each student.