Chapter 9

Without thinking, or processing my words that I just heard in my head, I grabbed my phone. I went to the contact list and tapped on her name, message, I texted her saying:

Free tomorrow? Wanna show you around town :)xxx -H

Okay, there is nothing wrong here, I'm still on the safe side. Vampires are NOT allowed to have affairs with humans, but I never thought of the consequences of doing so. "Hey Alex?", I asked. Me and Alex were still up, he was watching TV while I was on my phone.

"Yep?", He replied, his eyes not leaving the TV.

"Uh, I was wondering", I started "What's the penalty of dating or having an affair with a human?".

His head snapped towards me quickly, "Is there something I should know?" He asked quickly. His shoulders suddenly became intense. Woah. Is it that serious?

"No! no no no no", I laughed nervously and spoke the 'no's' at a faster rate, "I'm just wondering".

He seemed to relax a little as he exhaled. "Well," He answered, ''it depends on how serious the relationship is. If you are, let's say, dating, the masters will start you off with a warning. The warning is that they keep you in the forests and you can't go to the city, or rural places"

"For how long?", I asked.

"I don't know", He shrugged, and continued, "But here's the scary part, if you have a human girlfriend..." He emphasised on the word 'girlfriend', "There are a lot of punishments such as pulling your fangs off. And I heard it's painful. Really painful"

"FANGS?!" I exclaimed, "Jesus. The other day when Louis accidentally hit them hardly with the ball I almost cried of pain! What would happen if they were pulled OFF?" Oh my god. Not the fangs!

"I know", He nodded "But it's not gunna happen to any of us anyway".  I nodded slowly, but my heart was saying something else... "There are other penalties such as locking the vampire in a coffin for a whole year, or making them stand in the sun for so long without protection, or even-"

"THANK YOU, Alex", I interrupted hastily. Holy shit, I have heard enough. He chuckled at my reaction and turned his attention back to the TV. Damn, I shouldn't have asked him, that was disturbing. The penalties are brutal, imagine going under the sunlight without protection, holy shit this would have been the true meaning of torture. When a vampire gets in contact with the sunlight, the skin will literally burn very slowly. That's why we use protection the whole time under the sunlight (Our protection is a small pill, we vampires take it every morning before we go outside, so that our skins won't glow so much that it starts to burn). But...are the rules that strict? I never knew that. I knew there were penalties, but not that rough... Whatever happens, tomorrow is not considered a date. Even if it is, no one should know...

{Sarah's P.O.V}

While I was in the shower, I was thinking, thinking deeply.. Chloe said that Harry has a dark personality and is very weird, and Mia agreed. But when I walked with him today, I can see he was putting an effort on hiding this side, but I found it anyway. There's a secret... there must be a secret. And what about his behaviour earlier today in the church? He acted like   he had killed 100 people in a massacre or something. He wasn't alright. And what about those two that we saw in the field? Who were they? And why did Harry turn almost white when he saw them? He did mention they were dangerous, but there is something else. When you walk past a 'dangerous' person you don't act the way Harry did, no matter how dangerous they are. He didn't even let me glance at them properly. This guy is complicated. Maybe he's not? Maybe the secret that he's hiding is the piece of puzzle that is missing.