Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I sat humming a little tune, as I looked through dad's journal, when Dean snatched it from my hand." Hey" I cried and he smiled before sitting down and looking through it himself. Sam called some of dad's old friends but there was still no sign of him. Dean got a text message from an unknown person and looked up the coordinates that he was sent. We went to the town, Rockford Illinois, and I sat down to watch them put their acting skills to use. The next morning we went over to the old Asylum and went inside. We checked out the South Wing and I crossed my arms as we wlked down the hallway. Dean started teasing Sam about his new found 'talent' for sensing stuff and we found an old lab, along with a plaque that read 'Ellicot'.

We sent Sam to talk to the physiatrist for information, when he came outside he told us that a Riot had taken place there before it was shut down. That night we went to check it out again, I looked around nervously and Sam frowned" Mari, you ok?"

" I'm good" I mumbled before I noticed something walking toward Sam. Sam turned and his eyes widened before Dean blew it's head off. We heard something and found a girl named Kat over in the corner, who told us her boyfriend was somewhere. I went with Sam to try and find him and we found him on the ground. He told us about how he saw something and the ghost had kissed him and tried to whisper something in his ear. We heard screaming and followed it to Dean who was trying to get Kat out of room where she was trapped. She faced the ghost and it told her the numbers'137', which we thought might have been a room number. This time I went with Dean to try and find the room, while Sam went to get the two teens out. Dean and I found a destroyed room and a secret compartment in the wall with a journal from one of the patients.  We went back to find Sam but Dean pulled me out of the way, just as the girl Kat almost blew my head off. They told us that Sam had heard Dean call him, which he hadn't, so we went back to find him. Sam was acting weird but I put the thought to the back of my mind as we went to find the secret lab of some crazy doctor. We found an empty room and Dean found a secret door, While Sam pulled a gun on him.  He shot dean and I gasped stumbling backwards. Dean put Sam to the test and gave him a real gun but when he tried, it didn't work.

Dean knocked Sam to the ground and got up before punching him in the face. I stayed to watch Sam and waited for dean to come back.  The ghost attacked Dean and he set the bones on fire. The next morning, We went back to the apartment, where I took a really long nap.

Time Skip

I woke up to Sam hitting me with a shoe and sat up, just in time to hear Dean say" Dad, where are you....yes sir, I got a pen". My eyes widened and I looked at Sam in confusion as Dean hung up.

" come on we got to go"

" what's going on" I asked but they didn't answer before we left. They started talking about a bunch of names before Sam got out of the car and they started arguing again. Dean got back in the car and I frowned watching as Sam walked away." we can't just leave him"

" it's his choice Mari"

I sighed before leaning against the window and closing my eyes. When we got to the town and Dean went to ask around. When he came back we started diving again but a few minutes later his little sensor started going off. We stopped and he went over to a freaky looking scarecrow. He found a tattoo on it's arm and we went back to town, where Dean started creeping out the customers, and also got us run out of town." nice job" I told him and he smiled.

 A few hours later, we came back to try and save the couple. Dean shot it with a shot gun and it disappeared when they crossed the gate. I frowned" freaky" I mumbled. Dean called Sam and told him what happened. We went to talk to a professor about the creature but when Dean didn't come back out, I went looking for him, only to get hit over the head. I woke up on the floor of a cellar, Dean sat next to me and I sighed just as the door opened and the girl Dean talked to earlier was pushed inside with us. He asked her about a tree and she told him about it but the door opened. They dragged Dean and the girl away. I sighed sitting on a paint can and waited for Dean to get free and help. What seemed like hours later, the door opened and I looked to find Dean and Sam." took you long enough" I sighed before we went back to the car.