Verdict

A/N: All Pokémon are seen as humans by each other but are seen as normal Pokémon by humans.

Never did I once think I would be here.
On a team I mean.
But here I am, launching a shadow ball across a couple feet and into a tree as my trainer cheered me on, claiming the new move was getting stronger.

My name is Verdict and I am a Gengar.
The way I see me, I have medium purple hair that often gets in the way of my maroon eyes, the skin below the purple orbs tinted grey, a side affect of spirit wielding. I wear a long black coat with little yellow ringlets on the sleeves. My pants are black and my shoes are purple combat boots. I have long thick ears that emerge from the top of my head and a wide smile.
The way my trainer, Emily, sees me I'm just a purple spherical ghost with a giant smile and tired eyes.

Sorry for all the introduction, let's get into the reason I'm training.

I'm the weakest.

Last time we challenged a gym, we lost because of me. I was the last card on the table, it was all or nothing. I charged up my shadow ball only to lose control, It exploded in my face. Nonetheless, I lost. We lost.

"Come on Verdict! Let's snap this tree!" She encouraged. I looked over at her with a grim smile and tried again, focusing deeply as I contacted the spirit realm. I felt them suddenly, the aura of malevolent souls coursing through my palms. It was true, I was getting stronger. Now instead of a light purple flicker, a glow of violet stayed obedient in my palms.

Grow! I screamed to the spirits, begging them to pulse higher, stronger.

"Your getting it!" Emily grinned beside me. I didn't dare look over in the hopes that I would not break my concentration, I felt sweat lick my brow and I growled deeply, hoping desperately to master the spirits this time. Charge! I begged once more.

But the spirits rebelled.

In a flash of ghastly violet, an explosion occurred. I flew back a couple of feet, landing roughly in the dirt. I felt burns on my hands and cursed. That's when I realized Emily had been standing near me.
"Trainer!" I yelled, hobbling to my feet. "Emily!"

"It's okay Ver," came the croaky reply. She was crouching a couple yards away. She had a couple light scratches on her palms and I felt horrible.
"If only explosion was the actual move, you'd have it down!" She laughed but it didn't make me feel any better. "I'm sorry Ver, I know your frustrated. We'll try again tomorrow okay? How's that sound?"

I turned away but nodded, mortified that I had lost control again. What a useless Pokémon I was.

"Oh!" I heard Emily exclaim. "Rain!"

I looked up and sure enough, the first spheres of water were falling down down down. "We should get the others, there's a Pokemon center not to far from here where you guys can get some good rest. We need it." Emily said and I shook my head yes, refusing to meet her gaze. "Let's go Verdict." She said, and I trudged after her, wondering if the rain was here just to worsen my day.