Howlter

A/N: All Pokémon are seen as humans by each other but are seen as normal Pokémon by humans.

I remember very clearly what it felt like when I was captured. I remember being in a state of shock, my mouth agape as a tall beautiful Pokémon drifted towards me, dual snakes waving as they hissed wrapped around the long black sleeves on the Pokémon's arms. She was a Hydreigon with a face like a porcelain doll. She giggled in pure joy as she whispered quietly to her reptiles. I remembered reaching to pull down my goggles over my red eyes when one of the snakes lunged out to grab my arm, Hydreigon leaning down to giggle in my ear. The word she whispered to me was
"Gotcha..."

Now as I battle alongside the same Hydreigon, eat alongside the same Hydreigon, relax alongside the same Hydreigon, I realize the feelings I have developed for the one that rendered me helpless a year ago. I am in love with Rewind the Hydreigon.

My name is Howlter, although my Pokémon teammates call me Howl. I am an Absol and the latest addition to team Optic. Today I am faced with the challenge I face everyday of my life.

How do I tell Rewind I like her?

Today I sit on a rock a few feet away from where my teammates squabble and reflect on my thoughts. The wind ruffles my white hair and I reach up to brush it away, my fingertips ghosting over the scythe like horn atop my head. My ruby eyes are hidden beneath the black goggles I wear during battle and I swiftly move them to the top of my head to take in the view of the trees. My white coat sits on the ground next to me as it is to hot to wear it, therefore I sit in only my black and white striped tee shirt and gray pants. My black scythe tail drifting across the back of the rock I sit on. With a sigh I look over to meet the eyes of my dream girl.
Rewind sits on a rotting log talking quietly to her snakes whom she's named Ruin and Revival. Both snakes admire her beauty with forked tongues flicking and I secretly wish I could be that close to her. Her garnet eyes, red like mine, drift open and closed as if she was tired but I know she could strike at any moment. She's unpredictable and I love it.

When her eyes meet mine, I immediately shift mine, my face heating up. I hear her giggle and mentally pinch myself.

'Why am I so intimidated?'

One of these days... Is what I always say. But I'm afraid that 'one of these days' won't ever come.
It wasn't but a few seconds later when I looked up to find clouds rolling in. A storm. A big one.
You see, being an Absol, I have the ability to sense natural disasters, like storms and earthquakes and such. Sometimes I wonder if the reason I keep trying so hard for Rewind is that i know that it's a disaster, I just refuse to admit it. About fifty and a half seconds later, I feel the first raindrop bounce off of my nose and glance casually up at the darkening sky.

Today is not the day I will tell Rewind.

Hopefully tomorrow.