Chapter three~Wake up

Ash POV

I hate this room and frankly it pissed me of that Jenna insisted on putting the girl here. Sighting I went to one of the chairs, took the blanket of and sat next to the bed. I had time to look at the girl properly. She was beautiful. Her face seemed gentle and elegant, if it weren’t for the tiny cuts. She had some freckles on her cheek and nose. Lips were just perfect: plump and soft even if they were a little cracked. She looked innocent like a dark angel lying on the bed, her mouth lightly parted and the dark brown hair spread over the pillow. Breathing slowly she seemed calm and serene. She shifted to the side so that she was now facing me.

She had tucked on hand under her head and that’s when I noticed the tattoo. It was a little moon crescent just above her left wrist on the inner side of her arm. I don’t know why it seemed so familiar, but the tattoo fascinated me. I gently took her hand from beneath her head, careful not to wake her and looked more closely at it. It was a plain moon crescent, yet a sort of power came from it.

I gave her back her hand and looked down at her body, from what the blankets were giving away I could tell that Mother Nature had done a good job. I was lost in my contemplation as the girl suddenly grunted and made some weird movement getting the blanket of her body.

I smirked, well who was I to complain? I had a hot girl lying on a bed only dressed in panties and t-shirt. Nope, I had no problem with that. I fell back into my seat, taking in the view. I felt the sun heating my back and saw as it slowly came to her body. Damn she looked hot, I was only looking at her sleeping and was starting to get slightly uncomfortable.

Suddenly she smiled and snuggled into the bed before a frown came down on her face. Hesitantly her hand went along the sheets and then trailed up again. She opened her eyes looking horrified. Then she saw me. Our eyes locked. Her eyes had the most amazing color or should I say colors? But before I had the time to look closer, something like realization hit her and she let out a scream.

Her POV

So this is how it feels to be dead. I was warm. Something was stroking my body and it felt good. I was lying on a soft ground and happily snuggled into it. My hand was strocking the soft, dry, confortable … HOLD ON A SECOND!

Dry?!?! I can’t be somewhere where it’s dry! I live in water. If I’m dead then I must be in water. But I’m not. I let my hand slide up and down the surface I was laying on. There was no doubt. I wasn’t in the water. I tried to move my tail only to feel that I apparently had grown two of them. And that’s when it hit me: I wasn’t dead, I was on land.

My eyes shot open. How, when and why did this happen? Only then I noticed that there was somebody sitting next to me. I looked up and got lost into two gorgeous blue-grey irises. Where have I seen those before, because I’m sure I have. All of the sudden memories came flooding back to me. The bay, the net, Lea, the chase, the hunters having me trapped in THE impasse, the dark hunter with the dashing smile and me jumping into the swirl. And my problem as of right now is that I was face to face with him. Fear overcame me and I did what every sane girl would do: I screamed bloody murderer.

He apparently was taken aback from my scream since he jumped up which caused him to fall back. I hastily touched my face: there was no mask. Where was that god forsaken mask? I looked around but it was nowhere to be found. Anyway I had other problems to deal with right now. I tried to get out of the huge thing I was lying on (if I connect it to my classes this kind of furniture is called “bed”) by struggling to the opposite side of the “bed”. As I tried to get up I first saw them: two long somethings which were cowered in skin and ended in a flat surface with five fingers on each side. Ok so these must be legs. Try to remember how they worked recalling Ms. Gins lessons. What was it she said? “You put one foot (probably the flat part) before the other and balance on them while getting forward.  It is pretty easy“