Six

As much as I did not want to go to the mall, I was in desperate need a new wardrobe for our summer trip to Malibu. I honestly just wanted to stay in my own bubble of sadness but I couldn't according to Kyle. So I threw some sweats and a t shirt on and went to my car. I called my friends Amanda, AJ and Olivia.

They were surprised to hear from me being that it has been about two weeks since I have spoken to them let alone graced the real world with my presence. We met up at the mall and made our way to the first store. I just pray I don't bump into Jake and Kyle here since they were meeting up to grab some things to.

"Hey girls"!

"Kennieeeeeeeeeee!!!!" they all yelled as they ran over to me.

"Where have you been"? , "Why haven't you answered us back"?

"I'm sorry girls I am but you will never believe what I have been going through".

"Well Kenie spill, we want all the deets"!

Ugh I don't know where to begin. Should I just spill and tell them everything? This would normally be a no brainier and I would already be spilling my guts out but I am pretty sure that with all the time that Mandy has been spending with Kyle (which i totally think they have a thing for each other but don't want to admit it) she could easily slip and spill everything to him. \

" Okay so two weeks ago me and Jake had our normal Movie Monday. That Monday instead of staying in the house and watching movies he told me to get ready we were going to go to the theater. Which was normal so I got ready and he met me at my house".

"Ken this seems like your normal Monday with Jake".

"We got to the theater and headed to the concession stand, got our snacks then Jake made me hold everything while he put his hands over my eyes and escorted me to our seats. It was surprisingly quiet so he then uncovered my eyes and that's when I noticed it was just us. He bought the theater out for our day which you all know is something he has never ever done before".

"What?!?!?!?!!?!?!!?"

"Omg really Kendell".

"Shutup!!!!!!!!!!"

"Yes really, We saw the new Evil Dead remake and then we made our way home. Kyle was with you Mandy and my parents were still at work so I didn't want to be alone so I asked him if he wanted to stay over. He said yes and said he was going to head home to get changed and then come over once he was done. 30 minutes had passed before he came over and we went to my room and put on A Nightmare On Elm Street. Well basically the movie watched us while we just stood up talking and joking around. It was around 2:30 in the morning and he was saying something to me and nothing was processing in my brain. All I could do was stare into his eyes which was weird. I got this weird feeling in my stomach that I couldn't explain. At that moment I realized what that feeling was it was butterflies. Butterflies that I never had with anyone every before they were so intense. I looked at my phone and noticed it was about three in the morning. I yawned and told Jake I was heading to sleep. I rolled over and closed my eyes tried to go to sleep but as much as I tried i couldn't.

"Kendell where is this going"?

"Girls it was that night I realized that I Kendell Montgomery was in love with my best friend Jake Miller!"