Bird Riding (Finalized)

The next day Nod walked back into Bryanna's room.

He's eyes widened. "Where did she go?"

"With Ronin." A leafman stepped in. "She was able to walk, so Ronin took her to get breakfast."

"Oh. Thanks." Nod walked out. He reached where the leafmen would have breakfast, but no one was there. He walked out to the rocky courtyard, looking for Bryanna and spotted Ronin. He approached Ronin who was at the edge.

Ronin turned to Nod. "Looking for something?" He smiled.

"Where is she?"

"Ahhhh!" Bryanna flew rapidly passed Nod and Ronin. "Someone help me!"

Nod glared at Roning. "You're letting her fly?"

Ronin shrugged. "She insisted."

"Ugh." Nod quickly jumped onto Ronin's bird and flew after Bryanna.

"Slow down! Slow down!" Bryanna's grip on the reins tightened.

"Calm down! You're scaring the bird!" Nod was now flying beside her. "You need to calm down."

Their eyes locked, and Bryanna slowly nodded.

Nod smiled. "Loosen your grip. Like if your hand is hugging the rope."

Bryanna did so, but spotted a tree coming up. Her eyes widened.

"Don't worry! Just hold the rope and lean to the left!"

She did as Nod said, but fell. Nod flew below her and caught her.

"Okay. Don't lean so much you fall off." Nod smiled.

"I got that." Bryanna grinned.

"You're doing really well for your first time." Nod let out a small laugh. "Most people usually fall once they've been on the bird for seven seconds."

"I'm just doing what I would do if I was riding my horse."

"You rode a horse?!"

Bryanna raised a brow as she smiled.

"Oh yeah." Nod scratched his nose. "Sorry. It's not every day I hear that."

"It's fine." Bryanna let out a small laugh and looked around. "I should probably get used to this world and how it works here." She tightly twisted a lock of her blond hair.

Nod smiled, locking eyes with Bryanna. "Well, you still owe me that date."

Bryanna smiled. "We never really arranged it together."

They stared and smiled at each other. Nod felt his breahing slow and his heart beat faster. "Bryanna, you--"

"Nod!" Ronin flew in. "Get your armor! There's Boggans at the perimeter."

Nod's eyes widened at Bryanna. "I'll tell you later. Right now I have to protect you."

"What?" Bryanna blinked.

"I mean I have to get you back to the palace."