Meeting

It's been 3 months since the accidents. 3 whole months. I can't believe it I mean who has that much bad luck.

First my parents are I a car crash and only one of them makes it out. My mother. And then my horse dies not even two weeks later from colic. What could possible be worse.

Oh yeah I forgot our house got token away from us and we had to leave with my grandparents of a horse farm.

Great the one thing I wanted to get away from I just get shoved right back into it.

"Won't this be great, Amy!" My mother says as we drive to the auction just down the road.

Ok instead back storying I'm cutting right to the chase. We've been living with my grandparents for the past three months and they think it's time I start getting "involved."

So they are buy me a horse.

A broken down old lag to help get my mind of my beautiful, wonderful horse Ember.

Fantastic!

I didn't want anything to do with horses after Ember but my voice of opinion is clearly not taken seriously.

I don't want to ride any other horse  but Ember she was my first horse and I want her to be the last.

I can't handle another death. I mean what the point to get another horse and it just die on you. None at all.

But arguing with my mom is like wishing my dad was still alive. Or getting another horse.

And it was my grandmother's idea so she was just like my mom.

We arrived at the place and my grandmother gasped.

"Is this the right place?" My mother asks. It was an old barn witch looked like a scene from Saw would take place.

Some really skinny horses was dotting a nearby field. Men and horses was scattered everywhere. And it wasn't a pleasant sight.

"It has changed so much over the years." My grandmother said.

"How many?" My mother asked.

"About 4." She said and I rolled my eyes.

We parked the trucks and trailer and got out.

My mother run her hands together and breathed in deeply.

"Ok Amy you got your cellphone, call me when you've found a mount." She said and then they together scrabbled off. I was alone.

I balled my fists and just started walking aimlessly. Just kicking at the gravels and swerving past people riding horses.

A high pitched whiney cut the air and the hair on the back of my neck stood on end.

It's Ember calling for me. I know it is. Before I can realized what's happening my feet are moving and I'm running.

No sprinting in the direction the whinny came from. I didn't stop to regain my breath. I pushed aside people and horses as I made my way into the big barn.

It came again this time only more urgent and my heart skipped a beat.

I was blinded by tears and didn't see the horse in front of me and snakes right into its chest.

He rears up, teeth bared and ears clung back closely to his head.

He whinnied again and my heart stops.

It's Embers call but the horse I see isn't her. Instead a blood red gelding, with three white socks and a long blade curls across his left nostril to his bottom lip.

He was strong and his muscles rippled with pride.

He stood motionless. His eyes burning into mine as he stares at me. A flame off light sparks and in one second he calm.

His ears are perked watching me. He nickers and it sounds just like Ember.

He lowers his head and blows hot air into my face. It's Ember only a different form.

No, a voice in my head says. He is something way grander.