Chapter Eight

I awoke from my nightmare at noon with a scream. I was sweating profusely and tears were streaming down my face. I quickly got out of bed and took a shower. I must've been in there for an hour but what got me out was a knock at my door.

Quickly, I turned off the water and willed myself dry. I changed into blue skinny jeans and a red flannel. I put on socks and brown fugs, I left my hair as is and grabbed Hurricane as I approached the door. I open it to find no one there.

Looking down the hall, no one. Strange. I shake it off and look down seeing an envelope with my name, 'Marina Kersey' on it. I open it, and am immediately surrounded by flying letters, the cursive writing not helping one bit. But after a while of reading it, I manage to get the letters back in their place.

'Please join the Mikaelson Family at seven o'clock for dancing, cocktails, and celebrations.'

What in the hades is this? Is this an invitation to a ball? I'm asking Rebekah about this.

'You should come, it'll be fun Greeky

-Rebekah'

I'll go to the stupid ball, but I'm going to her place to find out why they're throwing a ball. I grab my phone and keys and leave and lock up my apartment with the invite in my hand. I get into my Chevy and drive towards the mansion.

I look in the passenger seat while I'm driving and notice my knapsack that I put in here last night. It has my sketch book, a grimoire, and a couple of pencils. As I continue driving I look at the scenery and start daydreaming about random things until I arrive at their house.

Smiling I unbuckle, grab my knapsack and hop out of the truck. I pull out my phone and send a quick text to Rebekah.

From Greeky:

I'm here. Can I come in?

From Diva:

Sure

Slowly, I open the front door and use the water in the air to sense which room has the most people. I find a room that has five people in it and has multiple furnishings. I quickly walk towards that room and walk in.

Running over to Bekah, I jump over the back of the couch she's on and land on the cushion beside. She gives out a startled squeal and jumps a little. I look around the room to see Kol looking at himself in the mirror, I believe Finn was his name, messing with a tie, Rebekah's having her nails done by a compelled girl and Elijah has shoes on his hands.

"Elijah," I say and everyone jumps but Rebekah jumps a little in surprise, "Shoes go on your feet, hun." Rebekah stifles a laugh as Elijah playfully glares at me, "I'm just saying, your hands are gonna smell now."

He smiles at me, "What are you doing here, Marina?"

I get ready to answer when Bekah interrupts me, "Why are you here, Greeky?"

"Well, Diva, I was going to answer before you so rudely interrupted," she hits my arm playfully as I continue, "What is this?" I say showing her the invite, "And why's it all curly, I have a hard enough time reading without you making everything curly. Took me forever to read."

"That is an invitation dear, and why do you have a difficult time reading it," Kol says.

"Thank you, but I was wondering why y'all having a ball, and I have dyslexia, mini Elijah," I say with a smirk as Rebekah again stifles a laugh.

He just looks back into the mirror, "Tell me how handsome I am," he says to me and Bekah.

"Kol, you know I can't be compelled," Rebekah teases him which causes me to giggle.