Chapter 33

I knew everything was falling apart when I pressed my ear  to Liam's room (management got us different hotel rooms because they said it was an easier way for me to get over Liam and so that the fans would be aware that there's nothing going on between me and Liam) and heard him talking on the phone with Danielle.

"Hey, it's Liam. I know it didn't really work out for the both of us last time and I was wondering if you'd like to catch some lunch with me later." Liam said.  I'm pretty sure Liam is nervous and is swinging back and forth on his feet, judging from the way the floorboards creak every time he moves.

A huge part of me wished that Danielle would say that Liam's not the right one for her and that she'd rather have someone who has time for her. I wish that Danielle would say that she doesn't have the time or that she's with someone new now. I know that it's selfish of me to think that but I wish that Danielle would break Liam's heart a second time.

God must have thought that it was really selfish and decided that selfish people need excruciating pain because my heart literally burst with sadness as Liam said, "really? Okay. See you tomorrow then?"

I sighed and pulled away from the door before Liam could catch me. Ever since that day with management, Liam hasn't talked to me in exactly 2 days and it's making me so sad and distraught. I tried to start the conversation but Liam would only turn away and pretend I’m not there.

Whenever I would run to Louis or Harry for help, they would just tell me that it's for the best and that Liam is just trying to be sensible and obeying the rules for the sake of the band. And what they're really telling me is that it's hopeless and there's nothing I can do about it. 

I sighed and walked back towards my own hotel room which is 8 doors away from Liam's. I walked as slowly as I can, maybe in vain hopes that Liam would get out of his room and see me and take me back.

So I walked slowly, feeling the tears pool at the corner of my eyes but I tried to suck it in. I have to stay strong for myself and Liam and the band. 

I heard the door to Liam's room open and my heart started beating faster as I realized that the elevator is near my room, meaning that Liam had to walk pass me if he wants to get there. I gulped as I heard quick footsteps while I remained walking slowly.

The footsteps were getting closer and I closed my eyes and hoped that I would feel a hand on my shoulder, but instead, all I felt was a quick brush of shoulders and Liam was right in front of me, looking extremely good while walking with his hands inside his pockets. The saddest part is probably the fact that he didn't make himself look good for me. All that hard work was for another person, another girl.

I got to my room just as the elevator landed on our floor. I looked at Liam one last time with my hand on the door knob. He must have sensed me staring because he turned his head to look at me and our eyes met for a mere second until the elevator doors opened and Liam looked away and stepped inside while I did the same to my room.

When I shut the door behind me, I sighed. I miss Liam. I miss him badly. If we didn't get caught then maybe we'd be cuddling right now and I wouldn't even mind if we go all the way for once.

I went over the mini-kitchen and sighed in disappointment as I realized that not even food can replace this hole in my heart.

Defeated, I jumped on the bed that used to be mine and Liam's and just sniffed the sheets, a tear falling down as Liam's scent still somehow lingered. 

I began rolling around the bed. Without Liam it seems so much bigger and the pillows are nothing compared to Liam's chest or tummy. And no matter how tight I hug the pillow, it will never hug me back like Liam does.