II

Axel blinked her eyes several times before her eyes adjusted to the lighting in her room. She was still on the couch from when she last knew: eating spaghetti, watching TV, and getting into a vivid conversation with Luke.

She looked around the room, noticing the minor changes. The TV was off, her favorite blanket was draped over her, the spaghetti bowls were no longer on her coffee table, and Luke wasn't with her.

With a huff, she wriggled herself into a more comfortable position, laid there for about twenty more minutes of mindless scrolling of her social media accounts on her phone, and then finally urged herself to get up. She collected two towels from her hamper and her blue, fleecy bathrobe and crossed her living room to enter the premises of her singular bathroom.

It was a decent bathroom from her decent apartment, very simple, but the accents dotted the place with more of a unique interior.

Axel leaned over the cool ledge of the tub as she turned her water on and dangled her fingers under the spout until it was to a warm, satisfactory temperature. With that, she pulled the tab to turn on the shower head, stripped herself of her pajamas, and then hopped in.

Under the tepid streams of water, she rinsed her body down of the night sweats she had in her first attempt of slumber the night prior. In a hum to one of her favorite songs, she attempted a squeeze of whatever she had left from her wonderful-smelling shampoo, then lathering it upon her scalp. The bottle was basically emptied of its value. Though, Axel could've sworn she had at least a quarter of the bottle left from her last washing.

With a shrug after a long, silent moment, she rinsed her head of the bottle's remnants and applied some matching conditioner to her ends. Sighing, Axel had a dose of irritation as she picked up her razor. She hated shaving. Luckily, she had longer intervals of not shaving in the winter. But she meant well, though, most mammals hibernate in the colder months, so why shouldn't she?

Luckily, another song popped into her head that kept her mind off of the blasé experience of maintaining her underarms to be baby butt--"Ouch—oh my--shit!" As the gush of a flushing toilet went, beads of boiling droplets struck Axel's back all at once.

"Axel?" At the tone of his voice, Axel's eyes practically rolled out of her head.

"Who do you think, dumbass?"

"Axel January Morgan, how dare you speak to me in that foul tongue?"

"Luke-Ass Robert Hemmings, how dare you take a piss when I'm in the shower?"

"But-but-- the door was open,"

"But you couldn't hear the shower?"

"But you couldn't hear me peeing?"

Axel's eyeballs were probably six feet under now, so she decided to proceed with her shower. "That's what I thought," She heard a small snicker near her, and just rolled her eyes for the thousandth time--but now in a good way, "Victory is bittersweet."

"Actually I think it's 'revenge', so.. Fight me."

"Whatever, loser. I'm picking out your clothes."

• 🌕🌓🌗🌑 •

Axel leaned on her bedroom doorway and tapped on it with her knuckles in a repetitive fashion. Her damp, long hair and body were wrapped in soft, concealed towels and she watched the blond boy's eyes pretty much sparkle as they raided her drawers.