Dumb Acting Skills...

You trot down the hall while Kai trails behind you as if he was going to be presented in front of a huge audience. 

Stark naked. 

"A-are you sure it's safe...?" You whisk around and arch an eyebrow at Kai dismissively, only to see the terror in his indigo eyes.

"Uhm... Yeah?" 

"You sure?"

"Okay, Kai, what is up with this terrified act you're putting up?" You demand, cocking your hip to one side. 

"I-It's not an a-act!" He mumbles, though his eyes sparkle strangely. 

"Oh. Why not?" Your sarcastic stance relaxes and your hands dropped to your sides. 

"O-oh, no reason... It was j-just a joke!" Kai stutters, though this time amusement was glimmering in his indigo gaze. He smirks and you groan. 

"You have to stop acting up like that, it's..." 

"Fooling you?" Kai quips, still grinning. 

"... Let's just go get something to eat," You sigh, walking up to the coat hanger and grabbing a hat. "Alright, first thing's first... Whenever we're outside and in public, you wear this hat to cover your ears and you always have your tail tucked into your pants." 

You slap the hat onto the top of his head and he straightens it. "Erm... How?" Kai asks awkwardly. 

"What do y- Oh." You trail off and study his treacherous eyes suspiciously. His expression seemed earnest enough... Fine. You sigh deeply and walk over to Kai, slipping behind him and looking at his backside, blushing immensely. "Uhm... Ngh... Like this."  You shoot out a hand and grab his golden-furred tail, pushing it into his pants suddenly and causing Kai to mewl loudly in protest. 

"H-hey!" He squeaks, whisking around to stare at you in embarrassment and confusion. "What was that about?"

"Erm... You asked me to show you how to tuck your tail into your pants..." You reply sheepishly. "And you weren't joking." Hesitating, you add, "I think."

"True, true." Kai strokes an imaginary beard playfully, earning himself a gentle shove from you. 

"Come on, let's just get you ready!" You let out a brief giggle only to cut yourself short. What the hell? Did I just giggle?! Wow... 

"Well? Let's go then!" Kai prompts, and you look him up and down.

"You're in pajamas... You need real clothes. This just won't do." You tsk disapprovingly, leaning back to examine him. "Maybe some of my brother's skinny jeans and... A shirt, or something." You grin at him and pushed him into the room. "The clothes are all in the closet. Get dressed." 

"Alright..." Kai slumps forward and walks in, glancing back into the apartment warily before shutting the door behind him.

( To be continued in the next chapter... )