The 'L' word

Raven

I heard talking and noises coming from the kitchen, which woke me up from my slumber. Looking over at my alarm clock it read 12:32 pm. Who the hell is in the kitchen in the middle of the night? Climbing out of bed to put my slippers on, I grabbed my phone and headed out of my bedroom. Now I was walking down the hallway and Christopher popped up right in front of me, scaring the sleep that was left over in me out.

"If I was you, I wouldn't go in the kitchen. There are some things going on down there that you don't want to see right now." He warned me.

But I pushed past him, "Man stop talking crazy." 

He grabbed my arm and I felt it, he was solid. It wasn't like the other times he tried to grab me, other times I just had cold chills when he did but now I could feel his hand on my arm. 

"Do you feel me, Rae?" He looked down at his hand touching me. He gave me the nickname Rae a few days ago cause he tired of saying my whole name.

My mouth was slightly agape, nodding then I heard shifting coming from Damien's door. So I ran down the stairs since they were closer than my room. I just noticed that I dragged Christopher with me. While I was down here I'm going to the kitchen to see what that noise was. Starting to walk closer I hear more than one person chanting. I'm not really sure what language they were speaking in or if they were even speaking a known language.

When I peaked into the kitchen Christian was laying down in the middle of the floor with people surrounding him with coats on. There was a pentagram drown on the floor where he was laying, there were candles lit and everyone was holding hands. 

Ok ok, I'm not going to freak out.

But I'm slightly freaking out.

The chanting started going so fast I'm pretty sure no one could comprehend what the hell they were saying.

Now I'm freaking out.

I turned around to run and I bumped right into someone falling right on the floor. When I looked up Christopher was standing there reaching his hand out for me to grab.

Now I was moving away from him and he put a confused look on his face, "Rae." He said weirdly.

"No, stay away from me. J-Just stay away from me" I scurried to my feet trying to run but he grabbed me again.

"You don't mean that. You don't understand, we just wanted to know what it was like to be close to a human again. We couldn't do the things that you could. When you took me to school with you I could barely keep myself there with you. I just want my freedom Rae, I can't be here in this house anymore. But I can't do that as a ghost and neither could my brother. It's still the same, no one else can see me but they can feel me and I can leave without being with you. We're still in some sort of way ghosts but with more freedom." He explained.

"Let me go, this it too much for me to handle. I thought I took Christian with me, not you. I can't do this anymore, I need to leave" I pushed him off of me and it was one of the weirdest things I have ever done. I was never able to touch him or Christian so this was very strange.

"I love you"

Those three words was enough to make me stop in my tracks. I turned my head back to look at him but his head was hung low.

"How can you love me? You don't even know me, and we've only known each other for a week. You're crazy" I said then took off upstairs.

I was just getting used to the idea of seeing and talking to ghosts and now this is happening. This can't be life right now. Maybe I'm in a coma and dreaming all of this, cause this is some movie type shit.

I felt my bed dip low after a few minutes, "Rae seriously I do, don't be mad at me. I can't help how I feel, it's possible for people to fall in love after only a week of knowing somebody. Can you blame me though? You're amazing."

I sat there in silence. Right now I don't want to talk to him, I just want to go back to sleep and forget this night ever happened. Like I have never seen anything that happened in the kitchen.

"Can you please just say something? Are you angry with me?" He asked.

"I don't wanna talk to you right now Christopher, I just want to sleep in peace." I turned on my side looking away from him.

"Look at me." He said calmly.

I laid there not moving an inch, all I did was stare at the wall.

"I said look at me Rae now." The anger was evident in his voice now, but he's not about to make me do something I didn't want to do.

He yanked me back by my hair and made me look at him. Then he stared at me for what it felt like forever, I tried getting out of his grip but he was strong as hell for a ghost or whatever he is now.

My eyes started watering, he noticed it and a soft expression went across his face.

"You're hurting me Christopher."

"I'm sorry" He whispered but never let go of my hair. 

In fact he pulled me closer to his face then slowly inched towards my lips. Just as he kissed me, Christian popped into the room. But that didn't stop Christopher from kissing me. I started falling into the kiss by the second. His lips curved into a small smile.

"Ew.. Anyways bro we gotta go." Christian pulled him off of me.

He dragged him away and then they disappeared into the night. 

Leaving me to my thoughts.

----------------------------------------

Vote 

Comment 

Follow 

Share