(Kei Tsukishima) Don't Ignore Me

A/n: It's been a while, hasn't it! I apologize for that. Even though I'm updating right now, it doesn't guarantee I'll be writing a lot for this. I have this oneshot and then the requested Sugawara oneshot. Thanks to the two who requested!

I'm letting this out now that this is probably not as fluffy as you wanted the oneshot to be, I apologize for that! It also been way too long since I wrote anything Haikyuu!! related.

SPEAKING OF TSUKISHIMA, I'M SO PROUD OF MY BABE IN THE LATEST EPISODE OF HAIKYUU. It was wonderful to see a back story to him, I don't read the manga so seeing all this animated was really rad!

Anyway, I hope you all like this one!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What was I to Tsukishima Kei? That, I'm not sure what to answer with.

I've known Kei and his family since I was five, only because our parents all knew each other. Along with that, Akiteru and my older brother were best friends. The amount of times I've seen the Tsukishimas were far too many.

Don't get me wrong.

I enjoyed the times I had with the other family. It's just their youngest son, the one I share the school year with, I'm not sure our relationship is. Every time I visit their house, usually with my brother, Kei has been welcoming. Sure, it wasn't an enthusiastic greeting or anything, but he was friendly in his own style. That was the Kei I've known for the past (y/a) years, along with his best friend, Yamaguchi Tadashi.

It wasn't until our first year in Karasuno High when that changed.

I remember it was a few weeks after our first day. I haven't seen Kei as much since we were separated in different classes. I happened to spot him down the hallway along with Tadashi when school ended. I called out their names and waving my hand in the air to catch their attention. Just as I gotten Tadashi's eye, he waved back. As for Kei? He simply turned his heel and stormed off the opposite direction.

At the time, I shrugged it off and figured that he needed to get to his volleyball practice as soon as possible.

But no. That idea was wiped away from my mind after the fourth time he had done that to me. Whether I tried to say hello to him before classes, between classes, or after classes; he ignored me.

I couldn't recall a time I had pissed that idiot off. In fact, the last time we had hung out together, we were in all smiles playing video games. Me beating him in a couple rounds of Mario Kart couldn't have caused this, right?

You know what? Whatever.

If he's going to continue like we were never friends, fine. I can finally get over this dumb crush.

~*~*~

>From: Freckled Prince 🌟

Hey (F/n), you want to hang out today? I haven't seen you in a while!

I took my focus away from my computer screen to check the text message I just received. I grinned at the text Tadashi sent me. He was absolutely right, it's been a while since we hung out. But that's only because he's always with...

That four-eyed idiot.

I picked up my phone and sent him a text saying that we should meet up.

<To: Freckled Prince 🌟

Yeah! I missed you. Wanna come over and play some video games? I gotten the new Smash Bros recently.

Tadashi quickly replied that he'd come over. Excited, I jumped off my bed and changed into something more decent than what I was previously wearing. Once ready, I hurried over to the living room and set things up. Since my house was empty today, this would be a good place to chill.