Seven

I'm not telling the guys who my partner is because I feel like they'll talk shit.

We have the same teacher but different periods. They're all talking about their presentation but I'm not saying anything.

"Wanna hang today! It's Friday guys." Nash adds. "I'm in." Cameron offers and of course he would, he likes Nash so he so would do whatever for him.

"Right on. Me too." Aaron raises his hand. "You Taylor?" Their eyes go on me and I look down to my cardboard bowl of fries. "Sorry no. Busy."

The guys scoff at me and continue to their separate plans for tonight.

I sit tight and think about Shawn once again. I just don't want him so secluded from others and speaking of him, I see him enter the tables area with earphones on.

I want to approach him but my friends are around. "Catch you guys later. I just, oh.. Be right back."

I go toward Shawn but Dillon stands my grounds out of nowhere. "Hi Taylor. Sorry about the other day. You know I still want to be your friend right? If that's comfortable with you."

"Yeah, yeah it's fine." I stay quickly to avoid him. He puts his hand on my chest. "Going so soon? Why." I smile weakly. "I have to see someone."

The gloomy eyes appear on his face. "Oh, oh okay. Next time. Bye."

I walk away and scan for the guy I was looking for but he was nowhere to be found.

I walk a little further and cock my head out for a sight of him. With a little more walking, I hear muffles of a familiar voice.

The door was ajar open, the theater door. From there I slid myself in the small cracked opening and sat on the last row.

My head buries down when Shawn's head goes up and faces the audience.

And I know you'll find someone who..

His eyes shut tight as he strums lightly. The single white stage light flashes on his skin as I see a glare of a tear drop release.

Although this theater has twenty rows, in which I'm in the last, I see him perfectly.

Shawn lets loose of his guitar and sits on the floor. His knees press against his chest as he buries his head into it and let's out quiet weeps.

I see him and I want to apologize. Apologize for all these insults people give him. I'm sure he doesn't mean it.

I can't walk up to him though, he'll think I'm being nosy. That's what he always assumes whenever we happen to see each other.

My phone starts to vibrate and I mentally groan, "Shit." Because now Shawn is looking up and observing the audience.

I go onto my knees, hiding behind the seats.

"Ugh.." He shouts and picks up his guitar and leaves the stage. The lights turn off and I instantly fear for myself.

I quickly step out the theater and close the door tight.

When I get out, my body presses against someone as I make sure to close the door fully.

"What were you doing in there?" I look and the familiar voice rings in my ears.

"Sorry Shawn.. I, you sound great."

"Yeah. Shut up."

112415